Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
Thanks.
Much appreciated

You’ve helped a lot
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Brazen I've seen my family doc. She referred me to a cardiologist. That's C1. The cardiologist scheduled surgery in a hospital closer to where I live. That was done by another cardiologist who looked, but didn't do any stents. That's C2. He referred me to a cardiologist/surgeon who says surgery. That's C3. But he may be only able to do one bypass. However, the stent-man, C2 had said 3 maybe 4....stents.

I am so confused.
So I have an appointment with C1 on Friday, and C2 on the next Monday....

You helped more than any of these cardiologists.

DaveL

ps. Taking a lead :-) I have had lower AHI using my machine as a cpap. I'm sleeping better too.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Good night's sleep!
Though I've had consistent trouble with leakage.

Felt better today.

CPAP (not apap)
nasal mask ResMed N20i
Knightsbridge Dual Band cap (because I've had severe leakage)

Don't know if I have positional apnea.  (didn't use my soft cervical collar. Should I have?)

Dave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm feeling better rested with my S10 setup as a cpap. I'm using a softcervical collar too.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Spent a day and a half in the hospital.

Hospital Doc wouldn't let me use my cpap machine. Droplets!

So....recovering from my day surgery, I was kept overnight and released at 6:00 a.m. the next morning.

So what happened....

* I woke up 6 times in the night needing to go to the washroom

* I was hooked up to a monitor that alarmed if I stopped breathing.

* I had oxygen; a tube to my nose.

I set the alarm off! Nurse came running! I bet they wished I had been using my cpap.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
ugh. sorry they wouldn't let you use cpap. Droplets? That doesn't make sense in terms of infectious disease but, is what it is now.  They should have had a cpap available from Respiratory therapy for you if they didn't want you using your own.  Risky to have a known OSA patient not on cpap overnight.
How are you doing post-surgery? Expected outcome?

I've found my AHI/RDI is lower with fixed pressure (cpap) as compared to the variable pressure I was using. I don't feel better rested but lower AHI has to mean something, right?
What's your fixed pressure? Flow limit staying low?  Managing your leaks?

Hope you are healing well!
*Brazen
Reluctant cpap user just trying to offer support to others going through the same torture. 
Because, it's the only current solution and breathing is kinda important.

OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching OSCAR Charts to Post
Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
    Hi B!

Thanks for your suggestion

I've been using cpap for a while---I changed after you reported favourable results.  And I saw several videos--an Australian, and an American one where people supported this change too.

I took a screenshot this morning.

I slept pretty well; longer, as I'm recovering from having stents put in.  I'm tired and weak.

Here you go....last night I used my ResMed N20 mask adjusted carefully.  I had a soft cervical collar on too.  That's all.  I don't have the skill to interpret the results.  Last few nights I've used my cpap pillow....I'm not really happy with any of my pillow choices.

Thanks for asking!

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave
Stents!  Easier recovery than open heart and should have the blood moving more efficiently, good stuff.
Any rehab planned?

To my novice eyes..  that chart looks awful darn good.
8+hrs
Low AHI
Low leak
Low flow limits

Tired after stent procedure is to be expected but rest like that should definitely help you heal.

Pillows.
Constant struggle here.
I've tried expensive, cheap, buckwheat hull, flat, fluffy, memory foam, etc.  
I feel a bit like Goldielocks, unfortunately can't find the one that fits just right.
Trouble is, I like the edge of a fluffy pillow for the 90% of the time I'm sleeping on my side but if I happen to roll to my back all heck breaks loose. (Chin tucking maybe)

We spend way too much of our lives in bed to be uncomfortable. Keep searching for one *just right*.
*Brazen
Reluctant cpap user just trying to offer support to others going through the same torture. 
Because, it's the only current solution and breathing is kinda important.

OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching OSCAR Charts to Post
Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much!
Stents...your comments really help. I have some meds to take for a year. Platelet prevention I think. See my family doc tomorrow....she started this whole thing and glad she did.
I took this week off sick. Back to work on Monday.

Chart talk. Thanks. Same. Great respect for you taking the time. Hat's off to you!

I keep reading Gideon's Bible about OSCAR. I must be stupid; doesn't stick. I have real trouble figuring charts out so I won't comment on other's requests. I hope I help; sometimes wonder.

It was an experience setting off the alarm in the hospital when they wouldn't let me use my cpap. They thought I died.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Great respect for everyone who contributes to OSCAR. Great respect for Gideon’s work
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First couple of weeks treatment and first post including OSCAR Charts MrSleep86 1 67 Yesterday, 06:45 AM
Last Post: MrSleep86
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 21 881 Yesterday, 02:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 23 895 04-25-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 245 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 201 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 162 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 172 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.