Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] 15 year CPAP user, now with migraines
15 year CPAP user, now with migraines
wanting to review my settings to evaluate how effective current treatment is.

Here are OSCAR data for the whole night

and zoomed in on an OA cluster

and zoomed in on a UA cluster

What am I looking for?
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 15 year CPAP user, now with migraines
Your leak rate is the biggest issue right now.  You're wearing a full face mask, so you might want to zero in on your mask fit.  From the leak graph, it appears that this may be mask movement.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer

The UA's are flagged due to the high leak rate.  The machine simply cannot determine the apneas correctly when trying to overcome leaks.  

The cluster of OA's are also leak related.  You also may have been sleeping in a way that  
cuts off your air.  We call that "chin tucking".  

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea

Most everything points back to fixing the leaks. The gray shading on your graphs are where leaking occurred.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, OpalRose. I think leaks occur due to movement in the night, pushing into the pillow, etc. I had already shaved my beard to improve seal (even though I usually have a beard and it's not necessarily a problem). I replaced my mask before the last couple nights, as the loosening rubber on older masks tends to be a leak issue.

I do think this helped with leaks, as shown in two nights of data:

Here is a closeup of an OA cluster from the first night:

Leaks don't look as bad, even during this cluster. What do you think?
Post Reply Post Reply
The leak rate looks great!  

Now to address the apneas.  When we see "clusters" of Obstructives as shown on your graph, that is called "Positional Apnea".

You are sleeping in a way that is kinking your neck and cutting off your air.
How do you normally sleep, on your back, or side.  Positional Apnea can occur in either position.  Use one thinner, but supported pillow, so as it doesn't allow your head to tilt forward.  

Some resort to using a soft cervical collar to keep their head/neck aligned.  I would hold off on the collar.  I think you can overcome the positional apnea since you're aware of it, and know what to look for on your graphs.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's been a year and I'm about ready to kick CPAP to the curb drago7579 19 459 04-25-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,714 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 46 3,243 04-16-2024, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 214 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  1 Year of Therapy Still Dealing With Fatigue and Headaches Zzera 7 322 03-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 185 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,837 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.