Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure too low?
Question 
Pressure too low?
Attached you will find my screenshots from OSCAR. I haven't changed my settings in a while and I sleep okay now.

I am just looking for confirmation that my 6.6 pressure isn't too low with the full-time 3cmH20 EPR - as I remember reading that having EPR on while with a low pressure can nullify the effectiveness of a CPAP. If you notice any other little tweaks or fixes I'm all ears! Just having someone glance over my charts/reassurance would be appreciated.

Side note, anyone have success with a tonsillectomy? I think I have large tonsils and was wondering if that could help/solve my apneas. I used to have to sometimes swallow with my head tilted as a kid, sometimes I've had food get scarily close to stopping in my throat, have had acid reflux since a kid, get throat/sick/congestion more often than most, etc. Just something I'm looking into, although I've had an endoscope and no doctors have ever mentioned anything.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure too low?
Doesn't look too bad from the 300 foot view. Do you have any concerns?

EPR doesn't reduce PAP effectiveness, unless it's causing central apnea or other events

Post Reply Post Reply
At 6.6, you are only getting 2.6 EPR. If you increase your pressure to 7, then you will get the full 3, it that's what you want.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your charts look really good. Trace amounts of leak, flow limits, and a few snores. Number of events are negligible.

You said that you haven't changed yours settings in a while, but it looks like in May you turned EPR on. Do you find your sleeps have been better since then?

If you're on 6.6cm, then an EPR of 3cm will only net you 2.6cm EPR, because 4cm is the lowest pressure that machine can provide (6.6 - 3 = 3.6cm, but it can't go that low, so you get to 4cm, for a total of 2.6cm EPR). It sounds like that's what you're referring to.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your replies! Hearing that my results/charts look good is the reassurance I needed. Also, the explanation with pressure and EPR I now understand. Thank you very much
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,140 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 1,024 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 683 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,610 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,492 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,428 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,715 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.