Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price
RE: Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price
Thanks again for the info!

I've been using my ResMed 10 Autoset for a few days and I feel like I am making some progress. Also, I have been using OSCAR and adding notes with each import. Finally having access to all of the metrics provided by the Autoset is great.

My AHI has been below 0.5, and I have been keeping my leak rate under control with very few leak events, and 0.0 leak rate overall for each night. I still look at the graph for any leak abnormalities, just in case.

The initial "prescribed" pressure was 4-20, but I don't know if that actually came from my doctor or if that was just what Supplier #1 does. Either way, at 4cmH2O breathing required too much effort, so later that night I changed the range to 10-20. That was an improvement, but then tried a smaller range of 10-15, then 12 (where I had the G3 Luna). That was okay for a bit, until a couple nights ago when even that felt like too much of a struggle. Since I was monitoring as much as I could, as well as I know, and only making small changes each time, I tried 15-20 the next night and I slept better than I have in a very long time. It was very far from perfect, but finally maybe some real progress on an underlying issue. There was some slight discomfort in my throat around my adams apple (not entirely unexpected), but other than that breathing felt much smoother. The next night was not as good, but there may have been other factors. Need to just stick with this for a bit and get some data. This does point to subjective evidence of restricted airflow in my throat under normal atmospheric pressure. I've told my doc(s) about pressure and a sometimes slightly painful sensation around there before, and after a CT scan and endoscope, they did not find anything. This just tells me I need to put more pressure (pardon the pun) on them about this.

Thanks for the insurance info! I sent off the reimbursement request earlier this week. I have only called my insurance for the reimbursement forms, so not entirely sure if they require the rental. The worst they could do is deny my request, and if that's the case I'll just keep the rental until the term ends.
Post Reply Post Reply
My two cents. I just bought a brand new resmed airsense 10 autoset card to cloud for 329 dollars. I noticed they are up to 359 today. Buy two of them. You are still money ahead, you would always have a backup and although I have only used mine one night so far I can tell it is a sweet little machine and I love it. With a little looking around this site, you can figure out where I bought it.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can say "theCPAPshop", you just can't link.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, I thought so but with my fuzzy thinking for the last year I was playing it safe.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2024, 07:27 PM)chronic Wrote: My two cents.  I just bought a brand new resmed airsense 10 autoset card to cloud for 329 dollars.  I noticed they are up to 359 today.  Buy two of them.  You are still money ahead, you would always have a backup and although I have only used mine one night so far I can tell it is a sweet little machine and I love  it.  With a little looking around this site, you can figure out where I bought it.

Oh, of course. I think I mentioned this in the other thread, but maybe not here. My previous CPAP/APAP was a G3 Luna on rental from a DME, and my term ends later this year. This thread was kinda to help me round out my options, and everyone has been a great help. Right now, I'm waiting to see how the insurance reimbursement shakes out before I drop the DME entirely. I have already been getting my supplies from Supplier #38 (due to CPAP youtuber promo code), and the ResMed 10 from Supplier #1 (initially because Supplier #38 did not have the ResMed 10 on sale). Depending on how the insurance shakes out, I'll end up with either the G3 Luna or another ResMed 10 as a backup.

My experience with the ResMed 10 in the past was good, and I'm fairly confident there may not even be a need for a backup.... however, as a systems/network engineer there is no excuse to not have redundancy for something so critical.

(Small side note: After making the rookie error of posting links in another thread, I appreciate that links are auto-created when simply typing 'Supplier #')
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Selling Price of Resmed Airsense 10 ivan007 13 312 2 hours ago
Last Post: whiskrzz
  [CPAP] Switched from nose mask to full face and AHI has increased touwmus 24 2,126 Today, 06:38 AM
Last Post: 40plus
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 390 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 724 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 17,288 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 482 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 33,093 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.