Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommendation: FlashAir and Flashpap - Wifi data transfer from CPAP to PC
RE: Recommendation: FlashAir and Flashpap - Wifi data transfer from CPAP to PC/Sleepyhead
(05-18-2021, 10:47 AM)Ratchick Wrote: Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this thread (and others about using FlashAir. I managed to find a 32b W4 card for a VERY reasonable price (only a little over the old RRP) and got it to work with FlashPAP (eventually... Java is not my friend). It did conk out on me a few days ago - for some reason, my ISP managed to kill all of the neighbourhood's connections and even after restarting my router/wifi extender a bunch of times, it wouldn't connect. Until the next day, when the internet blipped again and the next reboot fixed it. Go figure.  But aside from that, it's proven to make my life SO much easier, and no more fears about forgetting to replace it in the machine!

Ratchick,
"and got it to work with FlashPAP (eventually... Java is not my friend)". Not mine either! 
You would think an app as mature as java would have the bugs worked out of it by this time. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack when it came to searching for and trying numerous suggestions. I had walked away from FlashPAP in linux many times before I tripped and fell into the solution last Saturday. Something so simple as that javafx download. Amazing actually.
And YES...Thanks to the many who have helped with speed bumps in my CPAP adventure!

Regarding Crimson Nape's comments about the power outages...I set up Uninterruptible Power Supplies on my pc(s), Router and my CPAP machine. I got the benefit of that same UPS for my clock even though it has its own battery back up. I figured if the CPAP therapy was as important as the Sleep Techs and my Doc made it out to be, UPS was a small price to pay to ensure I was covered all night, every night. The UPS unit for the CPAP is a low end unit that was relatively inexpensive in comparison to the one(s) supporting my computer room. The power grid here in Alberta is pretty clean (I can only report two outages affecting my home in the last three years or so). I have never experienced a brown out and the outages have been (to date) brief. But any outage would put one in the position of careful and methodical restarting of all your equipment to ensure successful connections.
Thank you Crimson Nape for that enlightening info. Had not considered that before.

Good luck in your CPAP journey. Take care and be safe.

GordK
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommendation: FlashAir and Flashpap - Wifi data transfer from CPAP to PC/Sleepyhead
I've been using FlashPAP v1.3.1 (seems to be the latest, and maybe last, version) for a couple of years pretty successfully with a Toshiba FlashAir card.  A month or two ago, the "Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software" function after data is copied over has ceased working - pushing that button does nothing.

I've checked all my settings and paths; FlashPAP is still configured correctly to run OSCAR, and I can still run OSCAR just fine separately, but the link inside FlashPAP is handy and I'm curious.  The problem may have arisen after a recent Windows update, which has happened 2-3 times so far this year.

Has anybody else had this problem, or found an answer to it?  Not exactly a critical failure, but it would be nice if I could patch it up.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that Windows 10 has a new security policy that is implemented to prevent software from accessing a location or application from within a program that hasn't been declared as safe with the security are as well. This would follow the logic of preventing malware within an app from accessing or starting something nefarious. I would start looking at your security policies on your computer.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same issue (not being able to launch OSCAR with FlashPAP) on Windows 10 but honestly, I've not been bothered enough to find out how to resolve it, honestly. I may look into a script I can run at the command line level and run automatically at some stage, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine works fine with the command line options and with the button.

The Target entry on the shortcut is: C:\FlashPAP\FlashPAP.jar user=AlanE exit=yes startapp=yes
Oscar is installed to c:\oscar

As you can see, neither program is installed in a "sensitive" folder such as Program Files and this may be where some are experiencing problems.

Also, although FlashPAP launches Oscar just fine, FlashPAP remains open and it doesn't exit. Not a deal breaker.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone successfully used the FlashAir with a Resmed s9?  The FlashPap software says it is compatible with the s9 but my s9 throws an invalid sd card error when the required SD_WLAN folder is on the card. If I remove that folder then the s9 doesn't throw the error.

I have taken steps to ensure there are no other OS files on the card since this is an issue on the s9. I'm starting to conclude that using a Flashair with the s9 is impossible due to the SD_WLAN folder, but then why would FlashPap say it is compatible?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi justincascagnett! - Welcome
It is not the SD_WLAN directory causing you the problems, it is the system volume data file causing all the trouble. I can provide steps to tun this feature off, but I need to know which version of Windows you are using. There are a few differences to address between the versions.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2021, 03:33 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi justincascagnett!  -  Welcome
It is not the SD_WLAN directory causing you the problems, it is the system volume data file causing all the trouble.  I can provide steps to tun this feature off, but I need to know which version of Windows you are using.   There are a few differences to address between the versions.

Thank you!

I have Windows 7
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the registry mod file - SysVolWrite.   There are two files in the zip.  One is to disable this feature and the other allows you to turn it back on.  I don't why you would want to turn it back on, but I thought I'd provide it to make everyone happy.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2021, 05:55 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Here is the registry mod file - SysVolWrite.   There are two files in the zip.  One is to disable this feature and the other allows you to turn it back on.  I don't why you would want to turn it back on, but I thought I'd provide it to make everyone happy.

Ok I ran DisableSysVolWrite.reg and it said added to registry successfully. So starting from scratch, I let the s9 format the card. When it completed, I then put the card back in the windows 7 PC and copied the SD_WLAN folder back to the card. but when I put it in the s9, it yelled at me again. ("SD Card Invalid") :-(

Do I just have a brat cpap machine?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 188 26,393 04-15-2024, 09:19 PM
Last Post: nohack007
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 313 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 117 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 785 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 356 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,729 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,985 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.