Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Autoset 10 alarm sound
RE: Resmed Autoset 10 alarm sound
(09-10-2017, 02:14 AM)christian4870 Wrote:
(10-28-2016, 10:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Get the setup manual and learn to go through the provider manual.  There are alarms that can, and should be disabled.  No reason to have CPAP alarms.

Hi,
I also had an alarm (or simular) last night. But I am not able to find something in the clinic manual about this and also not in the clinical setup.
Because Resmed has so many different versions and does no update with firmware, I suppose it is the same problem as with the RERAs which are not indicated with my unit. I have Resmed Airsense 10 autoset, version: SX567-0305, got it new about 4 month ago.

If anybody can explain or send a link to solve this problem, please let me know. Thanks, Christian
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had red Med air sense for her for 11 months now. Last night for first time I had an alarm type sound that woke me up. I restarted machine and it happened again. I do not find anything in manual about this. Has anyone found an answer?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not real sure about this, but check the Clinicians Menu. There may be “Alarm Options” that can be set up anywhere from 1 month to 24 months. Look under Options and Reminders.

The Alarm is to remind you to replace tube, filters, etc.

I would turn these setting to “Off.” Who needs an alarm or beeping to wake you?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My resmed airsense 10 , the only thing i can find is in the clinical menu and it is the reminders. There are like4 of them that are seperate.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went into manual and settings but found no answers. My machine is Res Med AirSense auto set. It is a year old and the recording program is "my air". The alarm was a loud beep that sounded twice in rapid succession. This occurred two times and I shut off machine for about an hour and it did not reoccur. It happened only that one night so far. I checked the reminders but alarms were off no there was no indication of any strange events.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2017, 11:18 AM)Patti B Wrote: I went into manual and settings but found no answers. My machine is Res Med AirSense auto set. It is a year old and the recording program is "my air". The alarm was a loud beep that sounded twice in rapid succession. This occurred two times and I shut off machine for about an hour and it did not reoccur. It happened only that one night so far. I checked the reminders but alarms were off no there was no indication of any strange events.

My machine is same as yours and I had a similar alarm.  I went to the clinicians menu on the machine and discovered that the reminder to change the filter was set to "On", so obviously I turned it off.  I haven't had any further problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
Setting an alarm is exactly what I want to do.
I rip the mask off during the night and wake up hours later not remembering anything.  Is there any way to set an alarm to let you know when you rip the mask off ?
If not, sure seems like it should be a feature. 

About a third of the people I have spoken with that have sleep apnea have a similar problem.
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
removing the mask occurs if the mask &/or pressure is uncomfortable. the solutions are to find a comfortable mask & optimize machine settings. folks here can help with the latter; the former is up to you to try a variety of masks. meanwhile, mittens might make it tougher to remove the mask. another suggestion is to tape the mask to your face so you feel it when removed.

this is an older thread & it sounds like the alarm was a reminder to replace a consumable. another possibility I didn't see mentioned is many machines have an option to set a leak alarm.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think these ResMed 10 Series machines have a large leak alarm that could be set. I found mine rather useless, but you could try it. Better is to solve why you're ripping off the mask. OSCAR charts could help you see your usage data. I'm thinking you may find your pressure is set too low and you're air starved.

PS for best results, create a new thread to get more and better feedback.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 149 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 409 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 183 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  AutoSet for Her Mode brainfoggysleeper 4 226 02-25-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,214 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 277 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 197 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.