Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sanity Check before purchasing Resmed AirSense™ 10
RE: Sanity Check before purchasing Resmed AirSense™ 10
Just an opinion based on several years of usage of an O2Ring, CPAP, and some cardio issues (76 yrs old)

If it were me, I think I would first ask my primary care doc about the elevated heart rates you've been having before jumping into a CPAP or oxygen. My own O2Ring has spiked drops occasionally while I'm using CPAP and I just view them as mostly fluke readings. My O2 average on CPAP is typically 96% much like yours without CPAP. When I first got the O2Ring because I suspected apnea, my O2Sat's were dropping frequently to low levels, but the heart rate remained at reasonable  levels (screenshot of one of my worst nights below). If the heart is doing something it shouldn't be doing it could lead to the feeling of the lack of sleep and brain fog. The primary care doc might likely order up some bloodwork and possibly a Holter monitor (wearable ECG/EKG recorder) to start with. Any chance you have a fitness device/watch that can record heart rate to confirm what the O2Ring is seeing? Taking any meds or, supplements that could possibly affect heart rate?

[Image: 8eXf8Gg.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sanity Check before purchasing Resmed AirSense™ 10
Is it even simpler to fix before going down the oxygen route first-

Better head support at night- consider yourr pillow keeps your body in alignment and in what position you sleep (supine or side)?
Soft cervical collar as may be chin tucking to drop O2
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 88 28,848 7 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
  ResMed airsense 11 strong odor RockyBob 3 126 05-16-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: RockyBob
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 67 30,488 05-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: ac123
  Advice re purchasing a new CPAP machine..models and foam... cate1898 10 246 05-13-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 5 582 05-03-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Earl1095
  Resmed airsense 11 settings CPAP vs APAP Puffy cheeks 2 202 04-30-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Selling Price of Resmed Airsense 10 ivan007 17 642 04-30-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: ivan007

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.