Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still tired in the morning....
Still tired in the morning....
I was a bit non-specific in my last thread, so trying again! Below is a plot of a typical night for me - after being on CPAP for several years now. Starting pressure has been gradually increased but I still feel crap almost every morning. I'm a fidgety sleeper too (recently started wearing a smartwatch to bed - it isn't very impressed with my quality of sleep either), and think nudging the mask is likely causing the period of large air leaks rather than snoring (???). What do the folks on here reckon.....any thoughts much appreciated:

Thanks,
            James
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still tired in the morning....
Reset the graphs to the preferred view...

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like you have some positional apnea. and high flow limits.  Both should be dealt with.  Positional Apnea is when you sleep in a position where your chin drops down to your sternum cutting off your own air way.  No pressure change will help with it, you have to find out the position you are getting into and find a way not to sleep in that position.  Many people have this problem while sleeping on their back.  Some it happens when they have to high of pillows.  Whatever the reason you need to find out yours and  correct it.  If it is not an easy fix you may need a collar to keep your neck into a position where the air is not restricted.  I have a link to collars in my signature...  Please take a look at it - it shows people without collars and the same people with the collars and the difference is huge.

The second problem is the high flow limits.  Flow Limits are the same type of apnea that the O and H events are.  They are not as long in time or severity but they drive up the max pressure of the machine.  If we can help the flow limits your max will not be nearly as high (20) as your machine is going to now.  We help flow limits using EPR.  You need to turn on the EPR to full time and the setting to 3.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
@JamesB197

StaceyB is telling it straight, follow her advice and you will certainly see improvement.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 184 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 267 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 540 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Do you turn off your Airsense in the morning after using? dharma2255 9 304 04-10-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 344 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,526 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 299 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.