Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Difficult to exhale by end of night
Difficult to exhale by end of night
Hello all. Just found this forum and think it will be really helpful.

I started CPAP therapy approximately one month ago. I have worn and used my CPAP all night, every night since starting. I have found great improvements to my energy lever, daytime directedness and am staying asleep much better.

My problem....

All seems well for first part of the night. In the late hours of the morning, I find it much harder to exhale, more through my right nostril than my left. I have a pillow mask. I have had the machine adjusted making it easier for me to exhale, as this was originally a problem at the beginning of the evening too. The change that was made definitely helped and I have no difficulty at the beginning. Again, it is just when I've had it on for several hours. I have adjusted my humidity to 6 as of today to see if it is a dryness problem. I'm wondering if it is the type of mask/pillow, or is there something else someone out there might be able to suggest.    \

Thanks. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

:-)
Kim Sleep-on-pillow
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 5,248 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed vibrates on exhale? webweaver 5 922 12-22-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  RESMED F30i Mask causing pulsing on exhale HULK 1 651 09-21-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Normal for exhale peaks to be much greater than inhale peaks? stony82 4 586 09-20-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: stony82
  [CPAP] First time user — is it normal that breathing out the nose is difficult? dandebruyner 9 1,358 07-23-2023, 05:23 AM
Last Post: dandebruyner
Sad [Equipment] AIRFIT P10 problems -- too much pressure / can't exhale genieangel 9 9,206 07-13-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Big Dave
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 888 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.