Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Having a very rough night
RE: Having a very rough night
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I have gained quite a bit of knowledge just from this thread.

I will take your advice and up my pressure range to 8.0-14.0. It's been at 6.6-14.0 for several days.

I'll try to eliminate the EPR over time. I already have the ramp turned off so that's a start.

One of the diagnoses was nocturnal hypoxemia. I am wondering if everyone or at least most with OSA have this diagnosis as well?

I'll search the forum for a recommended pulse oximeter today.

Thanks again for the advice. Very much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad the thread has been of some help.

Regards
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think you need to eliminate EPR if you don't have many centrals. Originally you said you were using EPR with pressure min of 4 and I think that might have been part of your problem. As I've recently learned myself, pressure min has to be at least 4 plus your EPR number. Now that you are going to a minimum of 8 maybe see how that goes and if there is any need to remove EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Techhippie

You're absolutely right, as centrals seem not to be the problem, unless, since being under a full therapy environment, it has now become an issue. A long shot at the moment I admit, but I believe nothing can be really discounted at this early stage of just a couple of weeks therapy and being able to establish a full understanding. 

As a footnote, reducing or removing EPR can increase sleep discomfort, but the other hand, maintaining full exhale pressure improves the "splint" effect on the opening of the airways. It is really difficult say for sure at the moment. There are still quite a number of hypopneas in evidence, of lesser importance, but likely causing arousals to a certain degree. 

I think it is down to trial and error now, but at least these are options to persue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2024, 09:33 AM)TechieHippie Wrote: I don't think you need to eliminate EPR if you don't have many centrals. Originally you said you were using EPR with pressure min of 4 and I think that might have been part of your problem. As I've recently learned myself, pressure min has to be at least 4 plus your EPR number. Now that you are going to a minimum of 8 maybe see how that goes and if there is any need to remove EPR.  

I agree.  It's hard for me to expirate against 8cm.  

I'll try 8.0-14.0 with EPR of 3.  That should be the equalivalent of 5-11.  I'll see if I can wean myself down to EPR 2 then 1.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleep Apnea, CPAP, and rough early mornings middleraven 4 438 02-02-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: middleraven
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 891 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 940 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Rough couple nights Mike3ga8 1 516 08-29-2022, 09:09 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New user - overall good results but last night rough djpax13 3 615 08-01-2022, 03:53 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Rough start Kephus 8 1,214 01-05-2021, 12:33 PM
Last Post: stanleydean
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,142 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.