Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Treating flow limitation causes more central apneas?
RE: Treating flow limitation causes more central apneas?
Resmed auto titrating machines use forced oscillation technique (FOT) to determine the type of apnea. If this is what you're sensing as "flutter", then there is not much I can do with it. The ST and ASV do not do this. I am not sensitive to this pressure oscillation and have never noticed it, but if that is what you have been feeling, then it is going to be present in most Resmed machines.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Treating flow limitation causes more central apneas?
Hi, just coming back to this thread now.
Just curious what is the purpose of having a high bound of 15 that you recommended earlier for APAP? (As opposed to something lower like 13 or 14)

Also do you think an ASV will help in my case? Even if there's a slight chance I'm willing to try it since I just found out I can buy second hand which makes it affordable for me.

I'm also wondering if there's a machine that I can buy that will have all the functionality so I don't have to keep buying machines? (Afaik I don't have COPD or anything like that). 

I was reading some online threads where people were saying that the only machine that does both ASV and bipap is the Philips bilevel ASV. Is it true that Resmed doesn't have anything like this?

Also does the Resmed ASV have everything that the aircurve Vauto can do?

Sorry if these are newbie questions XD
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Rate Forms erolalper 2 73 Yesterday, 09:36 AM
Last Post: erolalper
  Flow Rate and Flow Limit Graphs ovmeadows 20 2,870 Yesterday, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 110 9,068 Yesterday, 07:31 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 20 763 Yesterday, 02:53 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limit of 1 rhishi 3 128 04-25-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: rhishi
  Treating low grade CA with ASV tossinandturnin 22 693 04-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: tossinandturnin
Question Sudden increase in central apneas eyeloveeyez 1 62 04-25-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.