Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Install Problems on Win 11 Pro [SOLVED, post #36]
OSCAR Install Problems on Win 11 Pro [SOLVED, post #36]
I have tried to install OSCAR on my Windows 11 laptop.  I do not get any warnings as to why.  I tried the 32 and 64 bit version.  When I click on the downloaded file, the mouse icon changes to working, but only for a second.  I tried installing as administrator, same result.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Unable to install OSCAR on a Windows 11 laptop
Check your antivirus software. You may have to disable it to install OSCAR.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Already tried that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you verified the checksum of the download?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, but I downloaded from https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/
Post Reply Post Reply
The purpose is to check if the download is ok or not.
You can find the checksum on this page.
Then you calculate the checksum of your downloaded file.
If the checksums are the sames, it is ok. If not, there was a problem with the download.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
Good call.  They are different.  I checked the 32 bit and it does not match either.  I just updated the 64 bit on my desktop without issue.  What do I do now?
Post Reply Post Reply
Verify it first, and if the checksum matches, try installing it.  You are downloading from the OSCAR link at the top of every page, aren't you?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2024, 03:32 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Verify it first, and if the checksum matches, try installing it.  You are downloading from the OSCAR link at the top of every page, aren't you?
- Red

Maybe I don't know I am doing when doing the checksum, but they do not match.  I even tried it in Linux Mint 21 using GtkHash.

For now i will just have to be content with using my windows 10 desktop for OSCAR.  Anywhere to try an older version to see if it will install?

Update:  I figured out how to correctly use, I think, so SHA256 numbers match.  I just installed OSCAR on Mint 21 without issue.  There has got to be something in Windows 11 or the HP laptop keeping the find from installing.  Question is what?
Post Reply Post Reply
To keep this simple on Linux, create a directory and download the OSCAR version of your choice, and the checksum file.  Open this directory in a terminal window.  Enter the following command, sha256sum --check --ignore-missing OSCAR-1.5.3-checksums.txt

Update: I just followed the steps as above, and the file matched the checksum.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR can't find data on SD card [solved, see post #24] brucewtb 22 2,163 Yesterday, 08:53 PM
Last Post: mokeefe734
  Version 1.5.2 Problems flipmike 13 633 05-16-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: cps22
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 259 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,681 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 861 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 651 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  Can't install Oscar. Ficklid22 14 1,794 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.