Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

tired during the day
tired during the day
New to this forum,first post. 

Other than some relatively high leak rates shown in attached, is there something glaring that will explain why I am tired during the day?

Maybe it is time to try something other than the Siesta Nasal mask that I have been using for years.  Seems to fit well though.

I don't know how to decode all of this data and hoping someone on here does.  I do have appt tomorrow with pulmonary sleep Dr but for last few visits he says since my AHI is near 0 he is very happy but sure would like to know why I'm tired then.    I followed the guidelines to attach the OSCAR screenshot but since my laptop screen is smaller I had to shrink some of the panes to get it all posted.

Thanks for any feedback !!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: tired during the day
Welcome! Your leaks aren't horrible, but the big question is whether they disturb your sleep. Do you have a sense of that?

I will leave to others any advice about settings on an ASV.

I do want to raise the possibility that you're contending with an additional medical problem that causes tiredness. Can you say more about the nature of your tiredness? Is it a desire to sleep? Or is it more like that fatigue that sets in with the flu?

Have you had tests for all of the following: iron, thyroid, vitamin D, vitamin B12, testosterone, Lyme disease, and autoimmune disease, especially in the connective-tissue-disease family? Any chance you have long Covid? Are you taking any medications with side-effects that include tiredness?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, health wise not doing well for 61 yo. Pacemaker, obesity, hypertension that’s being treated and now at 110/80.  But jeez all these drugs gotta have some impact.  Had Afib but going on no Afib after 1.5 year ablation procedure.  Yes I had Covid but not sure if it’s still impacting me.  Everything you listed has been checked ok by blood test, have not tested for Lyme, testosterone and autoimmune though. I will bring up with pulmonary Dr. who tends to not listen.
Post Reply Post Reply
One's health and age can play a big part in whatever they may have to deal with. I turn 70 in late October. The past couple of years, I've noticed a lot of changes in myself. No need to go into boring detail, but my energy level just isn't the same as it used to be. That, and my balance isn't as sharp as it was. 

I was on CPAP for three years and it didn't make any positive change(s) in my life. I gave up on it. I sleep as good as I can for my age. My wife is having some minor sleep issues. She falls right to sleep, but then wakes up for a few hours. 

Things don't improve as you get older. You're lucky if you can maintain to some degree. I've had enough doctors tell me this. CPAP might assist in some things, but it's not a guaranteed cure. 

Bottom line......There's no getting around getting older. It happens to everyone, and some deal with it better than others do. I'm so dang glad that we don't live forever............. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 179 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 263 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 540 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 338 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,505 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 298 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 329 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.