Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
CMS-50D+ "Device not recognized" - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: CMS-50D+ "Device not recognized" (/Thread-CMS-50D-Device-not-recognized)

Pages: 1 2

CMS-50D+ "Device not recognized" - jsielke - 05-10-2017

I think this has been hashed before, but I can't find solution. I jut got a CMS-50D+ oxymeter. When I turn it on, and plug into computer with the supplied USB cord, I get Unknown Device, and "Device not recognized." Details show an "error 43" whatever that is (Windows 7 Pro), Yes, I installed the software from the enclosed disk, including the drivers.

I had previously used a CMS-50F wrist oxymeter, and it connected with no trouble. I wanted one that was self contained fingertip unit to use sometimes.

Any suggestions?

RE: CMS-50D+ "Device not recognized" - Marillion - 05-10-2017

Instead of using the drivers on the disk. I would go directly to the manufacturer's website and download from there. Your chances of getting an updated driver set is much better. Also do the usual re-boot.

RE: CMS-50D+ "Device not recognized" - jsielke - 05-10-2017

Tried that. When I plug it in I get "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it."

Under Device Manager it shows under USB Hub as Unknown Device.

Reloaded Device drivers from the supplied disk twice, and tried the web site, which had the same drivers.

You are using the cable that was supplied with it to connect to the computer, right? Also try plugging into a different USB port. Make sure you do a reboot before trying all this again.

Right, I know the cable is special. I'm about to give up on this thing.

Did you try different USB ports and rebooting?

RE: CMS-50D+ "Device not recognized" - PaulaO2 - 05-10-2017

You don't actually "see" the device as you would a USB drive. You have to use the software or SleepyHead.

We've never done a wiki entry on how to install the darn things. We ought to do that.

I suggest, if reboot doesn't fix it, that you uninstall everything, reboot, then try again with the drivers from the website. Silicon Labratories I think. Reboot, then connect the oximeter.

Ah yes. That jogs my memory. I use the software provided by the company to connect to my own device. I've never even really looked to see if Windows sees it or not. The software is called Sp02 assistant and is downloadable from the manufacturer's website. I have the CMS50-I Oximeter.

Thanks I'll try the drivers from the Silicon labs website and reinstall everything. Thanks for all the advice.

RE: CMS-50D+ "Device not recognized" - PaulaO2 - 05-10-2017

I sent you a PM with the link.