Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 11 Update 5 4600.11.8
AirSense 11 Update 5 4600.11.8
Got a notification on my machine yesterday that the software had been updated and that info could be found on the resmed site.  

I couldn't find the update yesterday, but Muggzy had posted a link to the Airsense 11 OTAs (https://www.resmed.com/en-us/sleep-apnea...a-updates/) in another thread.

Apparently the Airsense 11 has an acoustic sensor (learn something new everyday...) that can convert sound characteristics to a digital signature which is then sent to the cloud.  It's an opt out, not an opt in.  I opted out.  Below is the update info from the Resmed site:

--------------------
Device update 5
Release date:
The week of April 15, 2024
Release #:
SW04600.11.8.0.0
What’s new?
Humidifier Firmware Update
Provides software improvements intended to help reduce the occurrence of humidification error messages.
AcousticSignal
ResMed Air11™ now supports an optional toggle, AcousticSignal, which uses the acoustic sensor on the device to capture the sound characteristics from the mask. The sound characteristics from the mask are processed on the device into a digital signature which is then sent to the cloud. No sound or speech is transmitted by the device.

The collection of sound characteristics will aid ResMed in the development of new features.

If users would like to opt-out, they can do so at any time by navigating to the ‘More’ menu from their device Home Screen and setting the AcousticSignal toggle to off.

--------------------
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 11 Update 5 4600.11.8
Thanks, but already reported…

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...-your-mask
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!

I had looked for a thread on the update yesterday but hadn't found it.  If I could figure out how to delete this thread I would.

Anyway, thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
No worries. Nothing wrong with posting something in case we missed it.
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s 5/9/2024 and my machine hasn’t updated yet, but I will be on the lookout as I’d want to opt out as well, at least until more info is forthcoming.  Thanks for the heads up without stoking the paranoia fears that seem to be running rampant on other sites.  Eyes and ears having been stalking us for at least the last 20+ years, not just in cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
My AS11 updated a few days ago .. Same thing .. I opted out on the acoustic sensor collecting information
and sending it to the cloud .. There are way to many companies and people collecting to much information ..
It just adds to the problems with Identity Theft ..
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s so true, but there’s prying eye and ears everywhere, some sorta legitimately, a lot are not.  This is not acceptable but it is the way of today’s world.
Post Reply Post Reply
QT Pie;
(there’s prying eye and ears everywhere)

How true .. But We can only deal with the ones We know about ..
To the best of Our ability !! Ignoring them just makes the problems worse ..
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone outside the US got the update? Anyone in Europe?

This machine doesn't get updates, i still have the almost 2y old firmware (08.6.1) any idea if that would be the hospital that blocks updates? Can the owner of the machine (it's a loaner from the hospital) block updates or is that ResMed's territory?
Post Reply Post Reply
Narcil;
You could be using a card to cloud machine ..
They don't have a modem, So lack the ability to 
automatically update .. Or Resmed may have a
different protocol for machines owned by hospitals
or clinics ..
From reading on the Apnea Board machines update
in groups of smaller numbers to avoid overloading
the cell phone system ..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AS11 AutoSet auto update Gideon 20 3,451 2 hours ago
Last Post: Hmm888
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 367 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 516 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 330 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 852 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,604 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Airsense Autoset 11 FW Update GrumGrum 0 501 10-16-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: GrumGrum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.