Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone using a wifi dongle with Transcend 3?
Anyone using a wifi dongle with Transcend 3?
I bought a Transcend 3 travel cpap last week in preparation for a 2 month vacation through 7 countries later this year. It was only after getting it home that I saw it had a card slot for a wifi dongle. I pride myself on pre purchase research but this had slipped right past me! I had gone so Big Grinfar as to borrow a friend's older T2 model cpap and use it for a week, so I knew about being able to hook it up to a computer, set the machine to my liking and read basic therapy results using Somnetic's desktop software. The T2 has no wifi capability, so the convenience of being able to read data through an app on my phone was attractive. Trouble was, even though the dongle is mentioned in the T3 manual, no Australian cpap supplier lists it among their accessories! Neither does Somnetics in the USA. Enquiries to the US brought a reply along the lines of, "we don't list them as they're kind of old and don't work with all mobile devices or OS's". After further probing of the Somnetics importer in Australia they said, "OK we do have some and will sell you one on the proviso that you accept it may not play nice with your device."

After that rousing vote of confidence I'm going to get one! Stay tuned.  Big Grin

A T3 review forthcoming too, but in brief; it's quieter than the T2, and doesn't bother me, I find that I can manage without humidification and my sleep results are as good as I get with my Resmed10. Packed in its travel bag though, the T2 is half the size of the Res10.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,988 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 354 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,949 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 1,142 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler
  Resmed Airmini vs Transcend Micro? ShipwreckSiren 0 1,086 11-18-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: ShipwreckSiren
  DS2 wifi? KSMike 2 579 03-04-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: KSMike
  [Equipment] Somnetics Transcend 365 Clinical Menu? flipflop49 18 2,713 01-25-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.