Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BMC CPAP Machine - Any users?
BMC CPAP Machine - Any users?
Hi, recently I was told about this brand. It is about 50% cheaper than ResMed. 

https://www.bmc-medical.com/

Flagship machine: https://en.bmc-medical.com/products/npap...3-a20.html

Any users here? Supplier told me the internals are the same as ResMed so the quality is comparable if not better.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BMC CPAP Machine - Any users?
If you support Chinese manufacturers copying intellectual property and selling it at a discount the BMC is the machine for you. You will lose access to OSCAR and software to optimize your therapy. You already know what a Resmed can do for you. Is it worth it? Only you know.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2023, 10:10 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you support Chinese manufacturers copying intellectual property and selling it at a discount the BMC is the machine for you.  You will lose access to OSCAR and software to optimize your therapy.  You already know what a Resmed can do for you.  Is it worth it?  Only you know.

If you say it like that, everything about BMC is wrong. But not everyone can afford Resmed and its supplies. My insurance does not cover such expenses and I had to pay through my nose for getting a Resmed.

What makes you sure that they have copied resmed’s IP. Just curious.
Post Reply Post Reply
There have been ongoing lawsuits for patent infringement between Resmed and BMC since 2013. Anyway, several people on the forum have used the BMC over the years, and it's always a bit difficult to assess without data. You live in AU and I know machines are much more expensive there and your insurance is not known for generosity. Many of our Australian members have acquired machines from the U.S. rather than deal with domestic prices.

If you have the time, do me a favor and review this wiki for the information on prescriptions and DME in AU. It would help to know if we need to update. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...he_Process
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Didn't work well for me.
When I had to see a sleep Dr to get the ok to drive a bus he looked at the data I gave him. He said he had never seen anyone my size being treated with that low a pressure.
The overnight sleep test proved that the BMC was not fully treating my sleep apnea.
Next got a Resmed all good.
Post Reply Post Reply
well i am using bmc g3 its a good machine, about quietness it is silent but not sure about if it is silent comparing to resmed, it is data capable but not as much as resmed also not supported by oscar, if you dont have the money for resmed you can easily go for a bmc the objective is to treat apnea not showoff brand of cpap you have
advice: go for rental for both machines see for yourself which suites you
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2023, 03:02 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: There have been ongoing lawsuits for patent infringement between Resmed and BMC since 2013. Anyway, several people on the forum have used the BMC over the years, and it's always a bit difficult to assess without data.  You live in AU and I know machines are much more expensive there and your insurance is not known for generosity.  Many of our Australian members have acquired machines from the U.S. rather than deal with domestic prices.  

If you have the time, do me a favor and review this wiki for the information on prescriptions and DME in AU.  It would help to know if we need to update.  https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...he_Process

Thats not good. I hope the law prevails. 

Regarding the AU prescriptions, I may not be the best to comment since I procured my machine outside of AU. My treatment is also governed by a doctor outside of AU.

(07-18-2023, 02:25 AM)Psychotech Wrote: well i am using bmc g3 its a good machine, about quietness it is silent but not sure about if it is silent comparing to resmed, it is data capable but not as much as resmed also not supported by oscar, if you dont have the money for resmed you can easily go for a bmc the objective is to treat apnea not showoff brand of cpap you have
advice: go for rental for both machines see for yourself which suites you

Thank you for the insights. To be honest, my DIY mind tells me to make a basic machine of my own. I am also looking at ultra portable options and none come to my mind. I dont need fancy features, just constant pressure that keep the apnea away.
Post Reply Post Reply
For the Ultra-portable, check out this setup by "kotacat". https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...=transcend
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP machine goes on, off, on, off, on, off, etc. RonM39 4 80 8 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] Breas Z2 users? acctingman 20 3,416 Yesterday, 01:54 PM
Last Post: jaimer
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,968 364,095 Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Last Post: btreger
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,681 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 257 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 190 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 216 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.