Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bleep Mask
Bleep Mask
Has anyone here used the Bleep mask successfully or know of anyone who has? I'm currently using a ResMed P10 mask. I had the opportunity to try a ResMed N20. The N20 reduced my AHI and I had significantly fewer mask arousals, but both of these masks cause unacceptable puffiness under my eyes. Since I feel the same whether I use the machine or not, it will be hard to stay motivated to stick with it if I look like my eyes are wearing a puffer coat. Yes, I am just that vain.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bleep Mask
I switched from the P10 to the Bleep DreamPort and the new Eclipse. Once I got used to it I had no problems and no difference in AHI or sleep quality with any.

I do not use it nightly as I prefer the P10, but do switch to the Bleep on occasion when my nose is sore from wearing the P10 too tightly. I sometimes have the same puffiness issues with P10 (or any strapped mask), but at my advanced age I don’t care about it. My sleep is more important to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your input. I'm definitely going to give up the P10 because it does leave me with sore nostrils for half-ish of the next day. I do also have some leakage with it, mostly because the straps won't stay in place on my hair.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
Most P10 nasal soreness issues wear off over a short time. I use a tiny bit of Lanisoh where I get soreness at times to protect my nose, but I do still get it regardless. Not a big deal as it wears off after a few days when I switch to the Bleep. 

Be sure to watch the videos by Stuart on the bleepsleep website. DME Link Removed
They are at the bottom of the page. it will save you much frustration.

Cheers!

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response. I'm not experiencing skin soreness. It's pressure soreness from the mask pushing against my nostrils.
Paula

Post Reply Post Reply
If it is pressure soreness you have the headgear too tight. It is a delicate balance between getting a good seal and having it too loose. We tend to make it too tight as we think it needs to be a complete seal before starting the pressure. In reality it needs to be just sitting there comfortably as when the pressure starts it expands the pillows to fill the space. I'm still struggling with it after all these years!

Thanks Moderator for removing the link as I forgot about linking directly to the manufacturers site. 

@paulag1955, you can find the same ones on YouTube, so just search for "bleep eclipse" and you'll find the fitting videos.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lots of us use the Bleep and love it. Do a search and you will find lots of talk about it. I use it and love it! I'll never go back to any other mask.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I already have trouble keeping it on my head. If it were any looser, it wouldn't stay on at all. I just don't think it's the right mask for me. Although I used it for months when I first got the AirSense. When I was having so much trouble, no one ever suggested trying a different mask.
Paula

Post Reply Post Reply
Masks are a personal choice that may change over time as we get used to therapy. Use whatever works for you. The Bleep Eclipse or DreamPort are both great masks once you get the hang of applying the nose pieces and attaching the connector.

I've been through a dozen or so masks over the years and always end up going back to the P10, but I have not had hair for over 40 years, so no worries there. I would love to use a half full face mask like the F30 so I don't have to use a soft cervical collar, but the nose cushion just does not work with my big schnoz for any length of time. I keep trying though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope springs eternal. Which is a better alternative to quitting, which I did for five years.
Paula

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone like the Bleep Dreamport better then the Eclipse? desm0nd 6 2,374 04-19-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Bleep Eclipse Hack BKeeper 12 1,169 02-21-2024, 06:19 PM
  Need help with pressure change using Bleep Kathy14225 17 1,264 12-15-2023, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Bleep Eclipse Problem Steptoe 4 1,190 12-12-2023, 08:59 AM
  Bleep Eclipse DME Provider corgan115 10 2,369 11-01-2023, 01:17 PM
  New to Bleep Eclipse and caused a sore Kathy14225 5 1,044 10-31-2023, 01:28 PM
  [CPAP] Starting Bleep (Dreamports) and need help! Kathy14225 11 1,845 10-30-2023, 03:57 PM
Last Post: GaspForAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.