Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Breathing problems - Large Leak? 76%?
Breathing problems - Large Leak? 76%?
Have been off the apnea board for a while. Just using CPAP every night. Having some breathing issues and went to a pulmonologist. She checked the CPAP info that is wirelessly transmitted to her and said I have a large leak. Have been using Dreamwear Wisp.

Have not been monitoring info. Just downloaded OSCAR and am not sure what to do with the data. 

I seem to remember that my CPAP (Autosense 10) should help me check mask leaks. I have several masks and can try each.

I have zipped my SD data card and can upload it to someone who could help?

Thanks
Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Breathing problems - Large Leak? 76%?
To help you in taking command of your treatment, please read through the links in my signature.  Hopefully, these links will put on the road of therapy independence.

Additionally, here are 2 links to OSCAR's Wiki:
OSCAR Installation
OSCAR Help
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, download OSCAR. Second attach a night of Detailed Daily charts. Then we can help better.

OSCAR is similar to sleepyhead but greatly improved.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Crimson Nape.  Thanks

I read through OSCAR in Crimson Nape. A LOT of information, truthfully describing info a clinical tech would need.

Not sure how all this relates to how I may need to make adjustments.  Huh

One important fact (yes I did read everything) is that the mask leak test is related to each type of individual mask. I will start there.

I feel like that I am not getting enough good sleep. Yawning and dozing off. Not noticing behavioral changes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Due to your leak rate being so high you are basically untreated.  AKA the Air pressure is just running out somewhere.

When what the last time you replaced the cushions or bought a new mask?
They are not meant to last forever.
You might also check your tubing for holes.

Once you get the leaks all sorted we can help dial you back in.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2021, 11:37 AM)factor Wrote: Due to your leak rate being so high you are basically untreated.  AKA the Air pressure is just running out somewhere.

When what the last time you replaced the cushions or bought a new mask?
They are not meant to last forever.
You might also check your tubing for holes.

Once you get the leaks all sorted we can help dial you back in.

Tubing was shot! Leaking like a hole. Wife is good about cleaning everything, but, maybe stepped on the hose!!!!! Pulled it off, plugged one end, and blew through it. Uh oh! Oh-jeez

I was also slow about replacing cushions. They seem pliable and like new. BUT... . . . . ..

Replaced with a new hose. Tight as a drum. Got a smiley face  Big Grin on my mask test! 

My pulmonologist ordered me a new machine and everything!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, hopefully the new hose will prevent you from doing a full tilt Bob Dylan Blowin' in the Wind with the therapy.

Next up is better therapy settings. You need to push your Min pressure up. It says it's set on 4, pediatric territory here. Are you using EPR/Exhale Pressure Relief? Yes, what setting of 1, 2, 3? EPR reduces the Min pressure equal to this numeric setting, but it's impossible for your PAP to go under 4. Let's consider trying EPR 3, Min pressure 7, full time. This combo gets you into adult pressures and guarantees EPR can work fully.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So glad I could help you...  Always check for the simple stuff..

Like SD said. You come back with data and we will get you all dialed in..  

You will likely feel better some tomorrow since we plugged that big hole...
Sleep-well
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2021, 01:03 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Yep, hopefully the new hose will prevent you from doing a full tilt Bob Dylan Blowin' in the Wind with the therapy.

Next up is better therapy settings. You need to push your Min pressure up. It says it's set on 4, pediatric territory here. Are you using EPR/Exhale Pressure Relief? Yes, what setting of 1, 2, 3? EPR reduces the Min pressure equal to this numeric setting, but it's impossible for your PAP to go under 4. Let's consider trying EPR 3, Min pressure 7, full time. This combo gets you into adult pressures and guarantees EPR can work fully.

Always liked Dylan. However not in apnea.

I have reset my machine as per your settings. Will bring up the SD Card tomorrow. This may have solved a lot of my problems!

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
OK copy and good luck to ya
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 106 Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,569 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 294 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 356 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 336 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 357 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 9 1,259 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: avhenry

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.