Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] AirTouch F20 lasts 28 days
AirTouch F20 lasts 28 days
My full face F20, after 26 days, starts splitting on the foam at the end of the V - at the upper end above my nose bridge.   When the split totally crosses the foam-at day 28-  I get a mask leak. This has happened on the 2 occasions I've used the mask.  Medicare allows a replacement each month but the mask doesn't last that long.  Any advice/comments?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirTouch F20 lasts 28 days
mask without memory foam. I used my f10 for over a year and it would last way longer if i didnt step on it and break it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The F20 airfit is the same mask but with a silicone only cushion with no memory foam. It has gotten very good reviews in the forum. I have been using the same cushion for 15 months with no problems.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is surprising.
When Resmed released the Airtouch, they recommended 30 day changes, but later relaxed that to 60.
What is your cleaning routine?
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW my AirTouch (memory foam) cushion will last quite a few more months because I actually don't/can't use it. I tried it, but could not get it to a low leak level like the AirFit (silicone). Hence, the AirFit F20 is crowned my go-to mask.

I expect I'll get years out of the AirTouch BTW...Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave - That took me a minute! LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
I've just ordered the AirFit F20, and received the AirTouch F20. So I guess I'll hope you've figured this out by the time I get to day 28.

Could a mask liner help? It could potentially provide a buffer to the seal, sort of like a gasket?

I'm curious to know if you cleaned it daily as ResMed said is necessary. (Seems high maintenance to me.)

I chatted with my DME about these masks recently. The guy said the AirFit (silicone) has such a high percentage of success in fitting people, being easy to get to seal, and lasting. He said the memory foam (AirTouch) is really only preferred if people have a sensitivity to silicone.
Post Reply Post Reply
The frame and headgear is the same on the F20 range so you could buy just a silicone pillow to complement your f20 I use silicone as the life is much better, I see no need of the memory foam for me and therefore I get months out if the pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2018, 01:34 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: Dave - That took me a minute!  LOL

Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get 2-3 months out of my air touch masks, no special cleaning, just use them. I prefer to air fit as i don't have to strap them down as tight-I guess I am just lucky
Resmed autoset 10-Care thru VA 
F20 Airtouch-F30 my favorite  My Air and Oscar
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 293 04-24-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,279 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 169 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 167 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 278 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 707 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 273 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.