Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage?
Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage?
While my last 3 nights of Oscar data doesn't seem to support this theory (3/13 maybe kind of), if ones max pressure gets reached and it seems maybe the pressure wants to go even higher, could that be due to leakage? ("Wants to go even higher" meaning the graph flatlines at the max.) Perhaps my max of 12 isn't all being used to clear the airway, and I don't need more pressure, but less leakage.

I think I have the below screen shares of OSCAR data set up the recommended way...

Even though I do have the Knightsbridge chin strap (and another I've tried, and yes - Knightsbridge purchased from the real Knightsbridge people), with my AirFit N20 nasal mask I do have moments awake when I do let some built up air out via my mouth. Sleeping? My bed partner does say she hears pap-wind sounds from time to time...

I am right at the verge of going beyond the 3 month trial period, which means for Medicare Insurance purposes if I don't stick with it (compliance) for a year, I'll have to pay it all back. I still don't sleep very well and still wake up with headaches - both of which led to the the sleep study to begin with. I'm inclined to keep trying to get it right and hope.

Anyway, March 12:

March 13:

March 14:

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage?
Leaks can cause it to run higher pressures. However if could be the reverse, something else requires higher pressures and your leaks go higher. It seems you have a combo of mouth and mask leaks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] High leakage for high pressure michaeljayb 3 35 1 hour ago
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Settings Adjustment for Higher Elevation mawaw1992 0 68 08-25-2024, 09:05 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992
Question Z2 pressure vs Airsense11 pressure jwalker5 2 117 08-17-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: jwalker5
Sad [Treatment] Higher pressure and soft cervical collar not helping FLs/AHI vHungry 5 283 08-16-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AHI is much higher than normal, not sure what's going on. UKFan643 1 153 08-06-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  More events + higher pressure in early morning waking me up? Looking for advice! JustG 1 186 07-26-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] Mild OSA diganosis (low AHI, higher RDI) -- Worried and unsure how to proceed Quibly35 1 172 07-25-2024, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.