Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
Hello to everyone, new here.

I am about to get a new cpap machine.

Potential choices are:
1.) New Philips dreamstation 1 with a new silicon thing inside
2.) airsense 10
3.) Prisma smart (a basic model)

I have no issue with the Dreamstation recall thing if the new silicone foam (or whatever it is) is inside.

Airsense 10 would be my first choice, but the power supply can be an issue, where I live, the power is very unstable, and my power adapters and other things often die. 

Prisma is the cheapest one, but it lacks a Bluetooth connection, and third-party software is questionable. 

Should I go with dreamstatiom 1?
Post Reply Post Reply
The therapy, comfort and efficacy is best on the Airsense 10 due to the use of EPR which makes the machine like a bilevel. If you can get the Airsense, do it. A standby power supply is not expensive.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2023, 08:35 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The therapy, comfort and efficacy is best on the Airsense 10 due to the use of EPR which makes the machine like a bilevel.  If you can get the Airsense, do it.  A standby power supply is not expensive.

Thanks! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
You can find low cost 12/24 DC-DC power supplies for the Resmed 10 series too. I have had very good luck with the KFD brand. For me, they are 1/3 the price of the Resmed version.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My very biased opinion is go with the Resmed, it is highly respected here and has lots of community support due to its prevalence. My bias is I've only ever had an Airsense 11 so can't speak to the other options. I'm very happy with mine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Believe it or not, paraphrasing, Philips has said that you are not capable of managing your own therapy.. for this reason they have chosen to encrypt the data on their newer machines, not on the DS1, and to have access to that data you need their Orchestrator program that is only available to doctors and sleep clinics.

OSCAR has your back here but I will not recommend their products for that reason.

ResMed here
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2023, 06:48 PM)Gideon Wrote: Believe it or not, paraphrasing, Philips has said that you are not capable of managing your own therapy..  for this reason they have chosen to encrypt the data on their newer machines, not on the DS1, and to have access to that data you need their Orchestrator program that is only available to doctors and sleep clinics.

OSCAR has your back here but I will not recommend their products for that reason.

ResMed here

Newbie here, day one of searching for help with my machine. 
I can't find the manual for DSX1030S11F, or Dreamstation ST30 etc., etc. 

Then I see your post. 

REALLY? That's b**S!! 

Is that the case with my machine? 

Calli
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips has more problems than you can imagine, and may be facing FDA disapproval of their devices in the U.S. If your machine is a Dreamstation 1 series then it is probably recalled. I would like to learn more of why you were prescribed a BiPAP ST30, and it should involve a significant case of COPD. If not, we would like to to help you get a more appropriate machine of a different brand that properly treats your condition. I hope you will share whatever you know of your diagnosis and sleep test results so we can help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2023, 03:39 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Philips has more problems than you can imagine, and may be facing FDA disapproval of their devices in the U.S.  If your machine is a Dreamstation 1 series then it is probably recalled.  I would like to learn more of why you were prescribed a BiPAP ST30, and it should involve a significant case of COPD.  If not, we would like to to help you get a more appropriate machine of a different brand that properly treats your condition.  I hope you will share whatever you know of your diagnosis and sleep test results so we can help.

I will absolutely share - as soon as I figure out where my records are stashed. This is the first time I realized that I could take direct control of my therapy. In every other aspect of my medical history I have taken more control than most doctors like. Smile 
I was notified of the recall by my physician. I took my machine in and they swapped out something and sent me home. I didn't think it was a big deal.
Yes, I'm sure I have COPD, but it's never been an actual diagnosis. 
I came here today because of a sinus pain that wakes me up, along with a dry mouth. 
I put the model numbers etc. in my profile not knowing any different, and I'll put them here as well. Is there a manual for me? 
REP, DreamST ST30, DS
DSX1030S11F
Thanks again. I'll be back with my medical records. Hopefully soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2023, 04:34 PM)Callisleep Wrote: Is there a manual for me? 
REP, DreamST ST30, DS
DSX1030S11F

I believe you're describing the DreamStation BiPAP S/T ST30 model.

Unfortunately, we don't yet have a Clinician Setup Manual for it.  But it's likely the same procedure for entering the setup mode as other DreamStation machines.

For those basic DreamStation instructions, see this page:
https://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-...structions

Those instructions should at least get you into the Clinician Setup mode, so you can change all the clinical settings.

If anyone does ever get a copy of the Clinician Setup Manual for this model, please email a copy to us at apneaboard@gmail.com so we can help others as well.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP machine goes on, off, on, off, on, off, etc. RonM39 6 158 04-27-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: RonM39
  Change Owner Name of machine eswagar 8 188 04-25-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: eswagar
  SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? dizzy1 4 110 04-24-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: dizzy1
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 9 277 04-24-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Tmjidaho
  Anyone used a Sefam S.Box machine? KeithR 38 10,616 04-24-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: dizzy1
  [Equipment] Any personal experiences with BMC Luna GII 2.4 Auto Machine Yuley 6 5,341 04-24-2024, 06:01 AM
Last Post: suncho
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 4 270 04-20-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.