Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase
DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase
Would appreciate possible solution or advice on the following:

1. Received replacement Dreamstation Auto CPAP (PN 500X110) from Phillips 18NOV23.
2. Dreammapper recorded typical data including AHIs less than ~ 2.0.
3. Replaced hose with new Phillips 15mm heated tube 28NOV23, same PN as before.
4. AHIs on and after 29NOV23 increased above 5.0 and pressure remained virtually constant at 7.0 cm H20, with a few nights of short square peaks above 7.0 or 7.5.
5. Changed pressure to 7.5 and tried A-flex 1 and 3; set it back to 7.0 and C-flex 3; no change. Experimented with Mask Type/Resistance.  
6. Returned settings to what I believe were originally on 18NOV23 replacement machine.
7. A Performance Check 30DEC23 passed with green checkmark and blower operated at multiple levels of flow/pressure.
8. Comparison of dates/settings in OSCAR has not revealed anything obvious to my inexperienced eyes.

NOTE: Pressure set at 7.0 to 15.0. OptiStart is OFF. EZStart is OFF.

Changing a setting may correct the problem and restore good therapy, but what to change or try?

My provider's gone our of business; no immediate local recourse.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase
Please post some OSCAR daily views with the calendar minimized so we can see what's going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase
Without seeing data charts, I'd want to say it's a DreamStation thing. They're notoriously slower to respond. They're more what I call reactionary than proactive like ResMed. The difference? Reactionary changes to events after they're happening. Proactive respond by sensing the upcoming event and acts to prohibit.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
        Screen snips as asked, thanks much. If there are other data windows needed, let me know please. Your help appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tom  -  Here are the steps to acquire a screenshot gainerfull was requesting:

Steps to organize the Daily screen and take a screenshot.
  1. Make sure that your display is set to the Standard view, your graphs are in the default order, and all graphs are of the same size.
     If not:
    • To reset the Default Graph Order:  Go to (View > Reset Graphs > Standard)
    • To reset Graph Heights:  Go to (View > Reset Graphs Heights)
  2. Resize the Daily screen's left panel's width, so each channel parameter only uses one line and does not wrap the data.  This allows more information to be displayed.

3. Make sure you are at the top of the Daily screen and have not scrolled down.  Also, make sure you are displaying the complete day's data, and not zoomed in to any specific time range. (Take a guess as to why we mention all this. . .)

4. To take a screenshot of your Daily screen, select one of the following:
    • For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
    • For a Mac: While holding down the Fn key, press the F12 key.
  5.  Follow the steps here to post an image: https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...ttachments

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Screenshots for 27 Nov 23 and 11 Dec 23 attached. Tried to make them consistent with the instructions/wiki. Hoping there is sufficient data to allow insight. Your expertise appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I know this is not what you want to hear, but the Philips Auto CPAP algorithm is rubbish. Thousands of charts and I have never seen Philips work like it should. All those pink shaded areas are variable breathing, and it shuts off the auto algorithm completely. Even when it works right it's too slow and way behind your needs. Your settings are at 7.0 to 15.0 with A-Flex 2, and your events are mainly hypopnea. The easy fix is to get a Resmed Airsense 10/11 Autoset, but assuming you are not going to buy a new CPAP, you need to increase minimum pressure to 8.0 or 9.0 with the Dreamstation. Increase minimum pressure and it should improve things. Basically, you can't rely on the auto algorithm and might be better off using a Philips CPAP as a fixed pressure device.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 71 6,537 04-26-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Sudden increase in central apneas eyeloveeyez 1 81 04-25-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 166 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 24 1,660 03-29-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 7 303 03-29-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Daveman
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 179 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 255 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.