Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New to Oscar
New to Oscar
Hello, 

I have noticed in my Web version of MyAir that I have a large leakage somewhere on my CPAP. I'm unsure where, as I cannot feel anything around the machine, hoses, etc. I was told on this site to try Oscar and I was finally able to get an SD card and a reader. Ill upload the past 3 days, Ive only had the card for about a week. I can include more if needed. 

So Im here to see if I can confirm maybe a mouth leak or something? Also, if things look "Normal" or if something is concerning? I know you are not doctors etc, but I was just looking for a bit of info if possible. 

Thank you,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to Oscar
Hi Kinnu,

Welcome to the forum. You are having quite a bit of leakage in those charts. I see you're using a nasal mask, are you also using a chin strap to keep your mouth closed at night? If not you will need to do so or think about switching over a full face mask setup (or hybrid). For now I would raise your min pressure to 7cm, turn EPR up to 3 and lower max pressure to 15cm, try those settings for a few nights and look at the charts again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did try the strap but had issues. I have a full face mask as well but I don't feel the air as easily like I do with the nasal. Ill try again a few more days with those settings. 

Ty ^^
Post Reply Post Reply
I couldn't use a strap either (had to switch over to a resemd F20 airfit system)-please let us know how you feel too after a night or two Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't disagree with what answers you were given but let me explain a little bit.  Flow limits are what drives up your pressers.  If we keep the pressure down you should be able to control the leakage.  That has to be controlled to do any type of therapy.

I would suggest
min 8
EPR full time
EPR 3
max 10
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
You might also consider mouth tape. Many of us find that helps better than anything else at stopping mouth leaks.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
No mouth tape seemed to work for me. It would slip off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lots of people on this list use and like Cover-Roll Stretch tape, two inches wide.  Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015TK62C?ref...cover+roll

I like this kinesiology tape myself.  It's way more expensive, but I just like it and find it more comfortable.  Here's a link to it:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T4PKE94?ref...tails&th=1

Neither of these comes off. Whatever you try make sure it is two inches wide.  I cut a piece about 5 or so inches long.  If I use narrower or shorter tape it leaks.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, 

You currently have an enormous level of leaks, and I would suggest your graphs are currently unreliable in this high leak environment. 

My opinion is to resolve this problem first. Then to be able to tackle the remaining issues. 

Mouth taping I believe is a good solution. 

I have found personally the best rules  to achieve successful taping is to:-

1. Use baby wipes around the taping area just before bed (soap and water not really efficient enough). 
      2. Find the best mouth "pursing" method to ensure your mouth is well closed. 
      3. Make sure the corners are well covered, pressing down firmly. 
      4. Wait at least 15 minutes like this before donning your mask, thus allowing the adhesive to "settle" before pressurising the system. 

I am clean shaven, but I still have a quick second shave around the taping area before bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it were me, I'd get a hybrid FF mask (e.g. F30) and get the numbers dialed in better. Then, trying switching to the nasal mask, dealing with tape, etc..

Otherwise, you'll be dealing with too many variables at once, IME. And if you're just getting used to the whole machine, it's a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.