Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] RedMed10 Water Chamber question
RedMed10 Water Chamber question
Good day, I've been using a ResMed 10 Autoset for the past 3 months and I absolutely love it! My question is about the water chamber. I notice that the heating plate in the machine itself is square. Looks like the original chamber that I got with the machine has a round plate on the bottom and the replacement I just got has a square plate that matches the heating plate on the machine! Is one of them the wrong water chamber, has the design changed for some reason and does it matter the shape of the plate on the bottom of the tank! I've searched online but couldn't find any information! Thanks in advance for your replies!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RedMed10 Water Chamber question
I have a Resmed Airsense 10 autoset.  My chamber plate is Square.  I have had mine since June.  

Can you post a picture?  Did you buy the machine new or used?
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought the Autoset 10 brand new out of the box with 0 hours on it! Included in the box was the humidifier chamber with the round plate on the bottom shown in the 1st photo! The second photo is a replacement chamber that has the square plate sent by my DME! 

Both are ResMed products, both are standard tanks and labeled with exactly the same markings!
Post Reply Post Reply
That's very odd... I've had mine since February, brand new, sealed etc and both it, and my replacement tank have square plates.
Post Reply Post Reply
The bottom of mine is square as well. Chances are, you got a new, and updated version. It should function just fine. 

Mine is 3 yrs. old.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very odd. My AS10 had a build date of April 2021 and came with a square bottom tank. It would be interesting to see what your machine build date was.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do know they make a Cleanable tub 37479. wonder if it is round.

Maybe its some new design for the leaking issues that some have.

Looks like the round plate on a DreamStation.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Where do I find the build date?
Post Reply Post Reply
Found it...

Resmed changed the design on the water chamber for the airsense 10. It now has a round metal plate on bottom. New airsense 10 machines come with the updated water chamber. However, Resmed did not change the part number, so eventually those ordering this part number 37299 will start receiving the new design as the stock cycles.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 759 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.