Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies
Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies
I originally had a DreamStation 1 which got replaced by a DreamStation 2. Both machines were/are 'registered' with my DME who bills Medicare and my insurance to get reimbursed for the supplies I get. A while back I bought a Resmed Air Sense 10 Auto to have as spare and for travel if needed. I bought it out of pocket from a private seller and my DME knows nothing of this machine (although it is registered through Resmed for the MyAir app). I'm possibly contemplating switching to the AS10 full time and keeping the DS2 as a spare (there are reasons I do like the DS2 vs the AS10 and I have no issues with the alleged VOC's it presumably emits).

If I should make the full time  switch to the AS10, should I anticipate any problems getting the DME to provide supplies for the AS10 and having Medicare/insurance pay for it as they did the DS2? I could leave things as is and get just the 'generic' supplies from the DME such as the mask, headgear, etc which could be used for either machine and pay out of pocket for the AS10 specific supplies such water tank, hoses, and filters, but I would much prefer Medicare/insurance foot the bill for all supplies. If I just leave the DS2 as registered at the DME and not tell them of the AS10, I'm not sure if they would see the lack of data from the unused DS2 to prove usage of the machine which could be problematic.

Would I possibly need a new prescript from my doc for the AS10 supplies that do need a prescript?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies
I hope you get some good answers cause I am about to put myself in the same boat.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2024, 03:53 PM)chronic Wrote: I hope you get some good answers cause I am about to put myself in the same boat.

I suspect many are in the same boat having stopped using the DreamStations and bought a different machine which was usually a Resmed. Just never saw the question asked about getting supplies paid for with a different machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
My husband just got a ResMed machine after using a Philips machine for many years.  I called the DME and told them he was using a ResMed now and asked that his new supplies be those required by the ResMed.  They switched him to the ResMed supplies and they are on the way, all covered by our Medicare Advantage insurance plan.  This DME did not supply the ResMed machine.  I used a different DME to get his machine, and there was no problem with either DME.  

I don't think you have anything to worry about.   Smile   Just tell them to switch you to the ResMed supplies.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP machine goes on, off, on, off, on, off, etc. RonM39 4 70 3 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 84 04-18-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,669 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 267 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 256 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 188 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Who Do You Get Your Supplies From? Fritz1255 2 226 03-29-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.