Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Could this be palatal prolapse?
With the help of @Apnea23 i've been looking at my Flow Rate waveforms and i'm seeing that every event that occur follow the same flattern pattern, i can share all my data if needed.
Those are 3 from last night

Literally every event has the flattern pattern, and seems to be on exhale mostly?

I'm using a fullface mask and a cervical collar
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Could this be palatal prolapse?
Last 2 night data with fixed pressure
Fixed 16, no EPR, cervical collar

Fixed 18, no EPR, cervical collar

The most interesting part is the airflow reduction 50% change from average 2, 2,5+ to today 0.7
Post Reply Post Reply
Very happy to see this.

You're almost there, surely.

I wonder what 19cm with EPR 2 (17 exhale, 19cm inhale) would do.

Maybe would help with those leaks and flow limits, and now maybe EPR can be useful now you're on higher pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night data with fixed 20 pressure, switched to 18 EPR 2 because felt too much air in the belly but the EPR seems to not have worked
I got a couple of desaturations tonight should i be concerned when there are drops like those?
Anyway at least there is no time in apnea, only flow restrictions

Will try a MAD and a nasal stent soon, any opinions on the case?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your EPR was set to Ramp Only and not Full Time, so your fixed pressure of 20 was fixed with no EPR after your ramp period ended.

Desaturation 1 was due to your pressure being too high I imagine, as was your second that woke you up. They're not low drops but obviously indicates that ammount of pressure with no EPR is not good for you.

You had some severe leaks after you changed to 18 fixed with no EPR. Did you wear your collar and mouth tape, can you think of any reason for the large leaks?

You could try these next -

18cm with 2 EPR (full-time) and no ramp. Run for a few nights.

19cm with 2 EPR (full-time) and no ramp. Run for a few nights.

20cm with 2 EPR (full-time) and no ramp. You may get a very different result than last night with EPR actually on full-time.

Or gradually increase your 18 fixed with no EPR by .2cm increments now that you're very close, and you know fixed 20 with no EPR is too much and causes problems.

You could run 18cm, 18.2cm or 18.4cm fixed with no EPR for a full week to get more data.
Post Reply Post Reply
First night with Back2Sleep nasal stent size M, with cervical collar

opinions?
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to go into your settings/comfort and set EPR On full-time at a setting of 3. The very high flow limitations will resolve with EPR at 3. You have never successfully activated EPR and it has been mentioned several times.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night data with APAP 15-20 EPR 3
https://imgur.com/a/aCehDeR

What do you guys think?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can easily see the difference. By using EPR the 95% flow limit has gone from 0.12 to 0.00 and pressure has stabilized.

The before and after shows that the new settings are more comfortable and effective, and promote more continuous, less fragmented sleep.  What we think is far less important than how you feel.  Better?

Before:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=50740]

After:

[Image: JK5qTpW.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As you can see my REM sleep is very fragmented, i still feel tired, i think i suffer from some type of obstruction and will try a MAD soon, i'm trying Back2Sleep nasal stent but seems not making the difference
I have activated a custom user flag that show the flow rate limitation 20% and 50% and i'm trying to address the problem
The days were i get low AHI like 0, the 50% flow rate limitation is under 1
Basically i think i feel tired because my REM sleep get interrupted like you can see in the screenshot, i'm wrong?
This is the first day i track the REM sleep and will try to score a lower flow rate limitation to see if it makes a difference in REM sleep continuity
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm using AlaxoStent with PAP therapy to fix Palatal Prolapse SleepyCPAP 20 3,135 07-20-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Palatal Prolapse and Velumount zaienk 20 1,818 04-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 493 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 658 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Symptoms] Palate prolapse breathing pattern ? zaienk 22 2,440 01-18-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Does this indicate palate prolapse? ekirtz 2 506 12-20-2023, 02:41 PM
Last Post: zaienk
  [Diagnosis] Excellent AHI, poor sleep quality --> palatal prolapse? aquamike 5 1,159 12-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.