Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Daily graphs not showing values
Daily graphs not showing values
I have had OSCAR installed on my PC for some days and yesterday installed it on my laptop (both Windows 10).

On the PC, in the 'Daily View' display, the values graphed are displayed above each graph as the cursor is moved over the graph. 

However on the the laptop only one of the graphs, Time at Pressure, displays the values as I move the cursor over the graph (see Screenshot, compare with Insp. Time),

I

I have looked in Settings and conducted various searches in this Forum but have not found an explanation/fix for this situation.

Any insight most welcome. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Daily graphs not showing values
What is the graph you have turned off? Try turning it on and see if it works.

Look at the bottom right side of your OSCAR screen where you will see "13 of 14 graphs" then click on the empty checkbox.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What laptop are you using?

Try going to File/Preferences/Appearances and make sure all the fonts are ones available on your laptop. Maybe try changing the fonts to see if that makes any difference. Let us know if it does (or does not).
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
'Snore' was turned off. When turned on it did not display values.

Also tried turning all graphs off and then back on again, firstly each one singly and then all on together. There was no change in presentation/performance with still only 'Time at pressure' displaying values.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank-you for your response GuyScharf. 

Changing the font has not had an effect on the graph characteristics, other than changing the font and/or size of the text precisely as expected.

My laptop is  a 'Leader', a brand assembled locally in Adelaide, South Australia. It has only one OS installed, namely Windows 10, 64 bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your problem is a puzzlement -- I have not seen that behavior reported before.

Maybe there will be a clue in the log file. Please do Help > Troubleshooting > Create zip of OSCAR diagnostic logs and upload the resulting zip file to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, the logs didn't have anything interesting in them.

This could possibly be a graphics driver problem on your computer. See if an update to the graphics driver is available and, if it is, update it and see if that solves the problem.

Next possibility is to change the graphics engine in OSCAR. Open the Preferences dialog General page (File > Preferences > General). Change the graphics engine from OpenGL to ANGLE and see if that makes a difference.

You could also try changing that to Software Engine but that does have the risk of breaking OSCAR with Windows 10. If you try that, and OSCAR doesn't work properly, first try switching back to the OpenGL engine. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll post directions on how to use a patch file we have to restore the graphics engine selection.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GuyScharf,

The laptop doesn't have a separate graphics card, only the inbuilt which is shown in 'System Summary - Display' as 'Intel® HD Graphics 5500'.  Have done 'Update driver' via Device Manager. No change in display of variables in OSCAR.

Given the above and that one variable, Time at Pressure, displays values as expected, while 12 other variables don't, suggests to me that the issue is not graphics driver based.

I have changed the Graphics Engine firstly to ANGLE and secondly to Software (and returned to Open GL without incident). Again neither setting altered the graphic display of variables (ie 1 OK, 12 not OK).

Do you think it is time for a reinstall, including deleting all data and downloading OSCAR again?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not have any better idea what the problem is. I don't think anything in the data could cause that problem. The fact that it works correctly on your PC but not on your laptop suggests the problem is somehow related to your laptop. What is the screen resolution on the laptop? Does it have a high definition screen?

You certainly could try re-installing OSCAR. 

My next theory is that you are on the other side of the globe and upside down, so the text is falling off your screen and that your PC has a "stickier" screen than your laptop.   Oh-jeez
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you use the exact same OSCAR installation file for both machines? If not, copy the file from the computer that is working correctly and try it on the problem child.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Printing List of Daily Events & sidebar info Yukonlilye 0 87 08-21-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Yukonlilye
  How to convert OSCAR Statistics to graphs ejbpesca 0 90 08-21-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  ResScan detailed graphs xiangcai 2 198 08-13-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR not showing EPR setting UsuallyTired 9 313 07-21-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Cant find Somnopose data in daily view graph Joey76 2 205 07-18-2024, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Joey76
  Can't View Daily Charts LuminousOne 19 911 07-15-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  Graphs Not Displayed in Oscar Fixit50 17 824 07-03-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Fixit50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.