Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] First time CPAP user, how am I doing?
RE: First time CPAP user, how am I doing?
Alright visited the hospital yesterday, got a Nasal Pillow now

I switched to CPAP again with pressure 7, I think due to the fluctuation in pressure I "forgot" how to breath and sometimes felt really uncomfortable.
Did not had a good night with the new mask, I think because my mouth would open and I'd wake up from it multiple times a night. Also got some sort of soar/stuffy throat.

Also in the screenshot you see the OSCAR data, do the small OA events matter (since they're short) or is the goal really to make sure they don't occur at all?
I'm asking because I think if my mouth would stay closed I would've slept fine and felt rested when waking up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First time CPAP user, how am I doing?
@EqualBoat

Keeping the mouth closed is a very big part of having successful APAP/CPAP therapy. If you feel like you would sleep better with your mouth closed, there are options, for me, I use a Respironics chin strap, you can get them at most of the online CPAP shops and if your insurance covers it, your DME may even carry it or another brand. I had to ask my DME directly if a chinstrap was on the list of items covered by insurance, sure enough it was, and they sent one out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 31 1,127 04-26-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Montacute
  Inspiration and Expiration Time MrIvanDrago 18 1,175 04-22-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  My insp time is always longer than my exp time...is that bad? jake79 2 121 04-22-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 1 113 04-22-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 12 349 04-20-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 9 206 04-20-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can you regain CPAP coverage after failing compliance the first time? dharma2255 5 220 04-19-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.