Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Lofta Sleep Study Results
Lofta Sleep Study Results
I just received my results via email today and I have an appointment scheduled for next Tuesday. Will APAP work or would BiPap be better based on the results? 

Diagnosis: Obstructive Sleep Apnea - Moderate based on pAHI=15.8, pRDI=21.8, and On nadir of 89% (93 mean)

Light Sleep: 68.62%
Deep Sleep: 14.16%
REM Sleep: 17.22%

Snoring 51.9% of sleep.

True Sleep Time: 7 hours, 9 min

I have been exhausted for years.

Thank you very much in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lofta Sleep Study Results
Typically, with a diagnosis like that you would be started out on a CPAP/APAP machine. If things are not going well and you can make a case for the additional pressure support and other functions a BiPAP offers, you could try and get yourself upgraded. There are a few members here who went through all that, so if it's what you need there are people here who can help you with it.

In either case, best of luck to you!
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to ApneaBoard.  I took the Lofta home test also.  They provided a Dr.'s prescription for a machine (when I did the interview later like you plan on doing).  You can use that script to get a machine.  

One caveat:  there is a small chance that the script may actually be for a machine that is not correct for you.  But hopefully the script will be correct based on your fairly generic results.  When you get the script, just post here with what it recommends.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I requested my Rx and they emailed it to me. Just ordered a Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSet Auto CPAP and an AirFit P10 Nasal Pillow. Looking forward to feeling better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cant seem to get stable results after 1 yr Mr Pink 8 199 Yesterday, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 71 6,520 04-26-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Maybe UARS? Overnight Ox Results Nospoons 2 103 04-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Nospoons
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 95 1,889 04-26-2024, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 7 294 04-25-2024, 07:28 PM
Last Post: laokg
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 138 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 325 04-22-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.