Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] OSCAR Data - High AHI low leak
OSCAR Data - High AHI low leak
Hey guys,

UK based, had a Airflow10 Elite now for about a month, with the Humidity attachment for the last week or so. Was struggling with high AHI even though my leakages were showing as low, hospital upped my pressure from 12 -> 13.6 to see if that would help out.

Was just hoping if someone could look at my OSCAR data in the meantime, got an appointment on the 8th, and was hoping to go into that with some knowledge on what could be the issue. Most I've been able to do is about 5/6 hours, due to waking up with horrific wind (Not painful, could just join a brass band...)

Every night is AHI 15-25~, diagnosis was for 45 so at least it's kind of working! Sorry if this is the wrong place, just really would like to understand what is causing it. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data - High AHI low leak
So looking more into the wiki, sorry I only skimmed it at first, this looks like it could be positional apnea? Sorry I am just a bit new to all this and feels very alien to me
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data - High AHI low leak
Yes, you nailed it..."Positional Apnea".   This is a result of chin tucking, which can cut off your air.

Read through this link, you'll see the comparison.  

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea

Think about how you sleep, on your back?  Nothing wrong with that as long as your bed pillows are not so tall that it causes your head to tilt forward into your chest.  If that's the case, try one,  flatter but supportive pillow.

If that doesn't help, then wearing a soft cervical collar may help.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] interpreting OSCAR data NicoFR 31 2,120 04-25-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NicoFR
  [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data user357 2 148 04-24-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: user357
  Lots of Large Leak Lately LazerStallion 0 74 04-24-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 9 1,588 04-23-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Any insight on this data from OSCAR? jake79 2 150 04-23-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Low OA/H. Still high CA. How to lower them? jakeroviks 1 109 04-21-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 174 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.