Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do I need to tweak my numbers
Do I need to tweak my numbers
[attachment=62453][attachment=62452][attachment=62453][attachment=62453][attachment=62452][attachment=62452]I've been on APAP since last Oct, 2023.  I'm not sure if I am getting the best results from my APAP therapy.  I use a RESMED 10 Airsense with a Respironics Dreamwear Full Face Mask.  My pressures are set a 6 min and 10 max.

My sleep test AHI was 21.  My min and max pressures were set during an overnight titration study.

I very rarely sleep more than 2-3 hours, when I first go to sleep.  I will wake up, and then go back to sleep and sleep for another 2-4 hours.  

While my AHI numbers have usually been below 5, my flow limitations seem high.  I also usually have a lot of RERA's.  Not sure if that is a concern or not.  During my overnight sleep titration session I had a ton of leg movements; but have not been diagnosed with restless leg syndrome.  

I am attaching 3 days of Oscar charts for review.  Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions on how I can possibly improve my therapy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do I need to tweak my numbers
Ok, a few changes.  Flow Limitation and Reras are too high and may be disrupting sleep.  You will need EPR to help lower that.

Set minimum to 7cm ( you may need 8), with maximum set at 15cm.
Set EPR to 3 (full time).  

Repost after a couple days.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2024, 06:16 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Ok, a few changes.  Flow Limitation and Reras are too high and may be disrupting sleep.  You will need EPR to help lower that.  

Set minimum to 7cm ( you may need 8), with maximum set at 15cm.
Set EPR to 3 (full time).  

Repost after a couple days.

Will that make my CA’s go up?
Post Reply Post Reply
Try it: maybe, maybe not. Won’t know until you have several Oscar-nights. There’s a lot of trial and error in this.
Post Reply Post Reply
I set the pressures  - 7 cm min, 15 cm Max with EPR on full time at 3.  my numbers are good, but I had trouble sleeping.  I believe a main part of that is my worrying about the numbers - lol.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your 95% FL dropped from .29 to .09.

The Apnea you see at the beginning of therapy is probably SWJ (sleep-wake-junk),
which can be happen between that sleep and awake phase, or simply just you worrying over your numbers.

The few CA's are not anything to worry over. We all get those occasionally.

Give this a couple days to settle down, and try to relax. As stated above, sometimes is just trial and error. But don't judge by one day.

Report again in a couple days, we'll take another look.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my OSCAR charts from Apr 11 - 14.  I was out of town during those days, so I was not able to post these until I returned today. I did not change the timezone settings in my ResMed 10, so the times are an hour off.  I went from the Central Standard Time Zone to the Eastern Time Zone.  I don't believe that that affected the charts.  

The new settings appear to be working great.  No (zero) RERA's and much lower flow limitations during this time frame.

OSCAR charts for Apri 14th.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 13 527 04-19-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 245 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 262 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 338 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 431 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 702 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,152 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.