Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime?
Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime?
Hi everyone,

As a new cpap user with an AirSense 10, I have a couple of questions about using the machine throughout the night.

Firstly, when you need to use the restroom in the middle of the night, do you typically leave your machine running, or do you press the Stop button? 

And I'm wondering how the Ramp mode works in this situation. Let's say I have my machine set to Ramp mode and I press the Stop button when I need to use the restroom. When I return and press the Start button again, will the machine resume from the lowest pressure setting, or will it pick up where it left off before I hit Stop?

If anyone can give me input or help, that would be greatly appreciated it!!  Thanks in advance!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime?
I myself have stopped my machine if I need to disconnect my mask. Ramp on ResMed will start over. It might be better to tune your CPAP so it's comfortable enough without Ramp.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime?
I actually just leave it running. I'm new to this.  I'm not sure if that OK or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
DreamStation 2, but same idea. I hit the 'OFF' button if I get up, 'ON' when I return to bed. As suggested try using the machine with the ramp off. I used to use ramp, but turned it off and don't miss it.
Depending how the Auto ON/OFF is set on the machine, leaving it running might be interpreted as a large mask leak (?)
Post Reply Post Reply
I turn it off, so I don't return to find it in pieces. The wife doesn't like to be disturbed and I'm sure to noise of the air coming out would set her off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I turn it off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I never or rarely need to go. If I did, I would not leave the machine blowing air...why?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I turn it off and then back on. My wife uses auto start so she just takes her mask off and then puts it back o n (if she remembers)
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine is set on auto, so it stops when I take my mask off and restarts when I reconnect it.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine is on auto, but if I wake up I turn it off, as I don't like it running even for a short time.  Then when I put it back on auto takes over.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 301 278,882 09-25-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Halian
  11 days in and on my fifth day of non-stop headaches callisto9 10 611 08-27-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: callisto9
  Options to stop sleep apnea Timothy918 7 379 08-15-2024, 11:47 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Stop mouth leaks with a boil and bite mouthguard? ttrani01 5 391 08-10-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Stop me if you've heard this before. Looking for help updating BiPAP settings Cape67 0 213 07-29-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Cape67
  Any tips for overnight bathroom trip? Mask back on? AJBU 3 433 06-08-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 873 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.