Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation 2 humidity controls
Dreamstation 2 humidity controls
I have a Philips Dreamstation 2. It was a replacement for my original Dreamstation. I am having trouble with humidity control. About half-way through the  night  the humidity is reduced or shuts down completely, which gives me a very dry mouth in the morning. I have humidity and tube heating set for maximum or  near maximum and it starts up perfectly.  Apparently it won't let me change the humidity settings while the  machine is on and my mask is on. A couple of times I could unplug and restart the machine, which sometiimes starts the humidifier again. When I go into the Provider mode I don't see any setting relevant to the humidification. My original Dreamstation had a setting that allowed the machine to decide whether to use humidification, and I usually turned that off because it did not give me sufficient humidity, so I wanted it to use my preferred settings. Is there a hidden setting for the Dreamstation 2 that gives me total control over the humidity setting? Right now in Patient settings I should be able to make my preferred settings the default, but I don't see it anywhere. Does the machine need repairs, or is there another explanation? Thank you for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation 2 humidity controls
I found a video on you tube that shows that you should have humidity control on the machine from 1 to 5 do you not have this on yours?   If not it's defective.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have that, but I can't alter the number and that doesn't explain why the humidity slows or stops after a couple of hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a better understanding of my question about why humidification shuts down overnight with my Dreamstation 2. Namely, can you turn off adaptive humidification in favor of fixed humidification? There was a setting for that in Dreamstation 1. I don't get adequate humidification with adaptive turned on. With Dreamstation 1 I always had it turned off. I can't find a setting in Dreamstation 2 to do this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I’m new! Humidity issues… tdpcpap 6 245 07-16-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Equipment] Airsense 11 Humidity problem chemesherpa 0 199 06-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: chemesherpa
  Humidity Question MrIvanDrago 2 225 06-07-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 1,235 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  [CPAP] new AirCurve 10 does not give enough humidity FHTC 8 382 04-09-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue bry248 14 9,558 01-20-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: jimbob123
Gross [Equipment] HELP! Heat & Humidity settings are Choking Me! James87 3 559 12-21-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: James87

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.