Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AirSense 10 Water Chamber INLET Seal
AirSense 10 Water Chamber INLET Seal
I have the Resmed Airsense 10 with the Heated Humidifier. I have replaced the Outlet Gasket assembly but I want to replace the INLET Gasket also. Is there somewhere you can point me to to get the INLET Gasket/Seal? Now that I have changesd the outlet seal, The INLET Seal sometimes makes noise and I have to open and close it to make it stop. Help please!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 Water Chamber INLET Seal
Icfield;
     If it is the silicone seal on the water tank You need to replace the Water Tank ..
It is permanently attached to the Tank ..
The other seal is replaced with the Outlet Tube ..
It is also permanently attached to the Tube ..
     Good Luck ..   Steve

I'm sorry I thought it was part of the water tank ..
            Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
I've replaced the water tanks before and also swapped lids. The seal is not part of the tank or lid. It is housed inside the machine next to the Outlet adapter that I just replaced.  But thanks for the reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I understand, the air inlet gasket (seal) is not replaceable on the A10.

Perhaps this post will explain.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid411975
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I can tell (from disassembly videos), the inlet seal is actually the outlet of the pneumatic block (fan assembly) surround. It is a custom part, and ResMed doesn't sell it separately; nor do the sell the assemblies to end users.

Then only solution I have found is to smear the gasket with silicone grease. I've used plumbers grease and tuning slide grease.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that answers that! Thank you for the reply and the link. Poor design, and I see why the change to the A11.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 755 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.