Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Going back on treatment- new machine or reuse?
Going back on treatment- new machine or reuse?
Hi all. I'm going back on treatment after being off for a few years; recent study shows me at 15 AHI despite dropping 50 lbs (with help from Mounjaro). I have a ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt unit that worked well for me previously and is Oscar-compatible. Usage is pretty low but it is nine years old. Last time around, the machine was still fairly expensive after insurance; if that's still the case, I'm considering reusing the ResMed rather than buying anew. Any thoughts? Even if I do end up with a new machine, I'll at least configure the ResMed as a backup.

Thanks,
Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Going back on treatment- new machine or reuse?
I would at least use it for a few nights and ask for help with a new setup due to health issues. We would need to see the daily data to help with that. Then if another machine fits the bill, consider it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 70 4,428 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 233 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 177 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 52,627 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 561 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby
Question [Treatment] Treatment Emergent Central Apnea or Insomnia -- which is it? mallar 1 271 03-02-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mallar
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 493 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.