Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Earplugs for side sleepers?
RE: Earplugs for side sleepers?
I’ve used Honeywell Laser Lite earplugs for years. Each one lasts 3-5 days. They are soft and very pliable, barely noticeable when inserted properly. You can get them on Amazon at a very fair price.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, those Honeywell ones look like they might be good to try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Yes! That's exactly the ones! Smile

SheShells23
~ Not all who wander are lost, some are just looking for the perfect seashell ~ Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
To cps22
I've had the same problem with earplugs hurting my ears especially in the morning. After trying quite a few brands & models, I found some that are so soft that they do not hurt. They are also easy to taper very thin, (though not for more than a few days, after that they get less supple), and the push-in end is wider and a bit hollow so it's easy to direct them the right way when inserting them.
I wish I could upload a pic but I can't now. These are the (Walmart brand) Equate "superior soft foam Ultimate Fit Earplugs". They are red-alert orange, 50 pairs in a clear box about 2.5"x2.5"x4" . I do not think they are quite as good to reduce noise as their 33 decibels rating would indicate, but the fact that I can at least use them without pain is really important for me. I hope they can help you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have some 3M earplugs with three ribs on them that work very well when sleeping on my side. But if you looked at them at first with the stems you'd think they would not work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. 

Oddly enough, I was cleaning out a drawer and found a package of the Honeywell Laser Lites mentioned above. (I knew they looked familiar.) I tried those and found that they didn't really block the sound as well as the Mack ones I've been using. I think they're too skinny for my ear canals. I haven't had a chance to get any others to try yet, so I'll keep those in mind too. 
Post Reply Post Reply
When you can, try the purple Flents ones, the are not skinny. They don't block all noise but definitely dampen down most, especially any CPAP noises are made acceptable levels if any at all.

SheShells23
~ Not all who wander are lost, some are just looking for the perfect seashell ~ Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 10 499 05-14-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: PersonInNY
  [Equipment] advice for a side sleeping, mouth breather on a mask? hwnboy 5 214 05-08-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: hwnboy
  [Equipment] AirCurve 10 with side cover making noise melbell 2 196 04-28-2024, 02:32 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Tools for "forced" side sleeping (noodles), do they work Fox66 2 184 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,225 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 594 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 430 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.