Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea
Thumbsup 
Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea
I am a notorious back sleeper. Over the years, I have tried several commercial and homemade alternatives tennis balls, spikes, backpacks, etc.), but none prevented me from sleeping on my back. They can be easily twisted and tossed sideways during sleep or not obstructive enough to prevent one from sleeping on them; they perform poorly on a very soft mattress you want to use for side sleep to protect your shoulder. 

The desired design must possess two main features: (i) the obstructive element should be large enough to prevent sleeping on it, and (ii) it should not be moved sideways from your back. To satisfy point (ii), I altered my mountain climbing gear, which has anchoring points on both my shoulders and my thighs. To meet point (i), I fixed a basketball on the back of it. I have used this device successfully for years. But it consumed a lot of space in my luggage and was heavy, too. 

Here are the photos of the improved device, which I have been using for over a year. The plastic box can be opened and filled with your staff during travel. It is impossible to sleep on your back even when you use a 3-inch thick memory foam on your mattress.

Attached Files
.pdf   Enforcer.pdf (Size: 535.32 KB / Downloads: 43)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 7 282 04-25-2024, 07:28 PM
Last Post: laokg
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 6 221 04-24-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: PersonInNY
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 129 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Tools for "forced" side sleeping (noodles), do they work Fox66 2 113 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 290 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 164 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 345 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.