Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

European ResMed CPAP blocked from updating to US phone app
European ResMed CPAP blocked from updating to US phone app
I searched but didn't see a post like mine, so if there is one, please point me to it. 

I have an Airsense 11 ResMed box that was bought in Germany, but because my appstore settings are set to north america, ResMed has blocked my ability to use my iphone to talk to my Airsense 11. This is intentional. I have managed to register the device at myair.resmed.com but my challenge is that I need to get data from the CPAP to the portal - and it seems there is no way to do that other than connecting the MyAir mobile app, which it is blocking me from doing. 

I thought that I could perhaps upload the data from the SD card to the ResMed portal but, no, they've fixed that, too - the only data transfer seems to be via the mobile app. 

(a)  is OSCAR my only hope here, and I simply cannot use the manufacturer's own portal to share data with my (LA-based) doctor? 
(b) has anyone found a way to accomplish my mission of data transfer to the ResMed portal (I understand there are other portals)? 

Thanks in advance
Nick
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: European ResMed CPAP blocked from updating to US phone app
Hi fuzz !  -  Welcome
You will not be able to connect your AS11 to your cell device for data.  Your App Store setting has nothing to do with the Resmed's communications. You must use the cellular modem in the AS11 to directly connect to a Resmed server. A medical practice usually subscribes to Resmed's AirView service.  In order to gain access to your data, all they do is enter the CPAP's serial number.  The MyAir portal is a for patients and doesn't provide enough detail for therapy monitoring.  All the wireless connections listed above do not provide the detailed data that is recorded to the SD card.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2024, 11:33 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi fuzz !  -  Welcome
Hi Red, thanks for that reply!. 

You wrote,
"You must use the cellular modem in the AS11 to directly connect to a Resmed server. A medical practice usually subscribes to Resmed's AirView service.  In order to gain access to your data, all they do is enter the CPAP's serial number.  

I don't see how it will connect to a cell network without a cellular account, and since they've blocked it from connecting to my mobile device via bluetooth (to hitchhike on that device's Internet) I am not understanding how this connection would be made.

I did look but didn't see within the clinician setup menu any setup for an onboard cellular modem -- can you please point me to a link where I can learn how to get it a cellular account to allow it to gain internet access? 

Alternately:  Is there a WiFi radio within the AS11? I could easily connect it to a Wifi access point to provide it Internet access.

Thanks again for your reply, and in advance for your answer!
Nick

Oh, fascinating:

Saw a post on another forum that I am not allowed to post here, but probably can be googled with t109204/Who-pays-for-Resmed-cellular-connection.html

Apparently it just ... works? Dang that's sneaky :Smile

Live and learn - thank you, Red, for your reply and the really interesting information.
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears (I have no proof) that medical device manufactures have a relationship with all cellular carriers that allows their devices a generic cellular connection. From my experience, the CPAP will hop on the strongest signal, regardless of the carrier.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, then that plus OSCAR gets me everything I need. Thank you once again for this very helpful and fast reply!
Nick
Post Reply Post Reply
There's still a need for some medical entity to request, setup, and pay fees, to get the data off the ResMed CPAP via cellular. I don't think it's open for the patient to set this up themself.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your Air 11 not communicating with ResMed has nothing to do with being deliberately blocked, or not having a cell account.

Cellular communication is not just used for traditional cell phones. It's used extensively for connected devices to share data. Non-cell-phone connected devices use the cell system using either M2M or IoT protocols. You Germany based Air11 system isn't compatible or isn't licensed to communicate on the US cell system.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that's clear thanks. My concerns were based on my prior ownership of the Airmini only, which I don't believe has a cellular radio and which depends (as far as I can tell) on the iPhone app to transfer the data (at least, there is a prompt in the menu that says, 'Upload all data now")

(01-24-2024, 01:30 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: There's still a need for some medical entity to request, setup, and pay fees, to get the data off the ResMed CPAP via cellular. I don't think it's open for the patient to set this up themself.

Yes, that's clear thanks. My concerns were based on my prior ownership of the Airmini only, which I don't believe has a cellular radio and which depends (as far as I can tell) on the iPhone app to transfer the data (at least, there is a prompt in the menu that says, 'Upload all data now")
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2024, 01:45 PM)Dog Slobber Wrote: Your Air 11 not communicating with ResMed has nothing to do with being deliberately blocked, or not having a cell account.

Cellular communication is not just used for traditional cell phones. It's used extensively for connected devices to share data. Non-cell-phone connected devices use the cell system using either M2M or IoT protocols. You Germany based Air11 system isn't compatible or isn't licensed to communicate on the US cell system.

Ah, I am not trying to operate anything in the US. For the rest of your reply, thanks, but I think you have misunderstood my original post.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2024, 12:59 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It appears (I have no proof) that medical device manufactures have a relationship with all cellular carriers that allows their devices a generic cellular connection.  From my experience, the CPAP will hop on the strongest signal, regardless of the carrier.

- Red

I took a Resmed 10 (which connected to T-Mobile in the US) to Portugal -  it NEVER connects to anything.    Data roaming is definitely not happening on the mobile (non-) connection.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,506 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Resmed 11 CPAP Machine Jose Castro 3 761 11-02-2023, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  OSCAR for Ubuntu Linux "blocked and dangerous" edgreenberg 3 795 07-17-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: edgreenberg
  European AirCurve 10 VAUTO - Can somebody unlock please sleep2023 4 924 07-06-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  OSCAR isn't reading data after updating to Mac OS: Ventura 13.0.1 JoyD. 28 2,190 12-10-2022, 10:00 AM
Last Post: JoyD.
  Oscar ate some of my data updating from 1.3.1 to 1.4.0 Mezzrow 0 480 10-24-2022, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Mezzrow
  Missing statistics after updating OSCAR? breathestopbreathe 13 1,242 06-28-2022, 04:42 PM
Last Post: angiessa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.