Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FFM or Hybrid Mask Help - - New User
FFM or Hybrid Mask Help - - New User
Hello, I am a relatively new CPAP/ASV user with obstructive and central apnea.  I am trying to find an optimal mask, and have struggled so far.  
The masks I have tried are: AirFit F30 which I have extensively used.  I have been struggling with this for two reasons, first the nasal openings often shift out of alignment during sleep, and make it harder to breathe through.  Also, I find that the straps can be quite uncomfortable.  
I am a predominantly a side sleeper.  Does anyone on here have a recommendation or experience with either full face traditional masks, or the newer hybrid masks?  Thank You Very Much!  Please let me know if you need any additional information.  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FFM or Hybrid Mask Help - - New User
I'm a side sleeper too. I have much better results with the F&P line of masks. This includes the Simplus and Vitera in FFMs, Brevida in nasal pillows, and the new Evora Full Face mask. The Evorea is a hybrid that has a nasal cushion and a mouth enclosure. The F&P line seems to be more forgiving and will maintain an excellent seal.

One thing to remember if you decide to try one of these. The F&P masks like to be worn with a lighter tension than other brands. This allows the extremely flexible seal to fully engage.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought the Universal Hybrid from Innomed (now Respcare) about a5 years ago, before they had the bugs worked out. I originally bought it for colds. By the end of the winter I was using it full time, because it was better then the nasal pillow mask I was using.

About 6-7 years ago I attempted some newer versions by other companies. I always found this one the best for me.

My only issues is the availabllity of it in Canada sometimes.

I used to be a side sleeper before CPAP therapy, now I joy sleeping on back. I am wondering if that was due to the sleep issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Everyone's face is quite different.
I have very good results with the F30 by adjusting so that it's fairly tight at the bottom edge but not so tight on the nose, then I use the top strap to cause it to lift my nose up a bit. For me, it promotes open nasal path and stops my mouth from flopping open.
Its definitely a chore to try and dial-in a mask.
When I left the DME the first time with the F30, they had it adjusted so it looked correct on me and had no large leaks.
The very first night it leaked like crazy. A week or so of fiddling and I had the sweet spot.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hybrid Masks more comfortable than over the nose FF mask? sleepingbetterinFl 6 223 04-20-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: cps22
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,511 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 376 04-19-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: jake79
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 391 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 1,083 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 416 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 314 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.