Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar will not show Overview after SD card Replacement [Solved, see post #4]
Oscar will not show Overview after SD card Replacement [Solved, see post #4]
Environment:
Resmed AirCurve V10 Auto. Running on Mode VAuto - IPAP 25, EPAP 4, PS 6
4GB SD Card

OSCAR 1.4.0

MACOS 13.3.1

Sequence of events
  • Running OSCAR since inception - no issues - Ran SleepyHead before that
  • Experienced SD Card failure
  • Inserted new 4GB SD in machine and allowed it to reformat - no issues reported during format.
  • 2 nights of Resmed use after reformat
  • Ran OSCAR but OSCAR would not report any of the new data effective after the SD card format
  • Completely removed OSCAR from my system including all support files. I create monthly reports so I don’t need the history.
  • Reinstalled OSCAR 1.4.0 from scratch and created a profile.
  • Imported new SD with OSCAR. The import went too fast to see if it was successful. No Overview of the two nights available. Overview tab grayed out.
  • Looked at OSCAR log files and noticed this: “Failed to parse Identification file”. I see nothing wrong with that file.
  • I am stumped … help
I can provide files from SD card and/or OSCAR if needed since they are relatively small at this point.
SD DATALOG folder has two folders included. One folder for each day but those folders are empty.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar will not show Overview after SD card Replacement
DaKitty,

Does the new SD card have the same name as the old one?  When you connect your SD card to your MAC it should show the name in Finder (left panel).

When importing your data from the SD card you might try clicking the "Specify" button in the pop-up window and point it to the new SD card and see if that helps.

Also, you can try rebooting your xPAP machine. Disconnect it from power and wait 5 minutes. Then plug it back in and let it start up. Sometimes minor power glitches can make your machine do strange things,
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions, Jeff8356.
Yes, the SD card has the same name (NONAME).
I used the "Specify" button to no avail. The Machine restart didn't help either.
Since I don't care about history, my current setup should look like I just got a new Resmed machine, formatted the SD card in the Resmed, slept 2 nights followed by a new install of OSCAR.
MyAir shows all the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff8356,
I GOT IT !!!
YOU led me to it with your link to Installing Oscar on a Mac.
I had not allowed Removable disk access in Security & Privacy.
Thank you so much for trying to address this issue. It was driving me crazy !!
DaKitty
Post Reply Post Reply
Great to hear!!! Thanks for reporting back with the solution.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Overview Line Graph Jan Flikweert 15 307 04-19-2024, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  OSCAR not recognizing Lowenstein SD Card Poolboy 6 297 03-31-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 354 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 316 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,924 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,995 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 753 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.