Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First OSCAR Post
First OSCAR Post
            Hi all - I was diagnosed with mild apnea two months or so ago (AHI = 9) and have started utilizing my CPAP in the last couple of weeks. Last night was the first time I was able to keep my mask on for the majority of the night. I would be extremely grateful if a few of you were willing to look at some of my attached OSCAR stats/charts. Is there anything that I should change based off of this data/is there anything concerning here. Thank you very much - really appreciate it.

I can't get all the info in here as there is a max of 3 attachments, but I did include the summary. Let me know if you'd like me to provide any other information. Again, really appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First OSCAR Post
I'd recommend upping the minimum pressure to at least 6cm so you get EPR 2 full time. Optimally, you'd want to have your minimum at 7cmH20 and set EPR to 3.

Since you're using a full face mask you'll want to cinch it down a bit more and target a 95% leak rate of 0.00 if you can manage it. I wash my silicone f20 every night before bed to get it tacky and it makes a great seal.

Did you have a cpap titration done in a sleep lab? If so, care to share the results after redacting your personal info?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First OSCAR Post
Appreciate the response. I will look to make those changes.

I actually have nasal pillows at the recommendation of my doctor. I should probably change that in my profile (is that possible?)

I never had a titration done and have not had much help from my doctor in the way of CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,377 648,704 07-19-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ideas/innovation related to products - where to post/discuss ? Fox66 0 141 06-21-2024, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Fox66
Question [Equipment] 1st Post: 7 Yr w/Resmed Airsense 10, now not rested 3 nights w/new 11 HappyAPAPerSince2017 6 741 06-12-2024, 04:09 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] First couple of weeks treatment and first post including OSCAR Charts MrSleep86 2 320 05-01-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: MrSleep86
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 2 333 04-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SistineKid
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 304 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 10 676 04-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DKane

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.