Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So I went to the doctor today
Ohmy 
So I went to the doctor today
And it was like.... Huhsign Not very nice. I described the situation, how the sleep study still registered an 8 and there was absolutely no note of my inability to breathe at times. And it seems he takes the sleep study as fact and my real experience as irrelevant. I had to explain a few times that I woke with a start unable to breathe and that things weren't as it seemed with the sleep study. Well he's promised to hook me up with the doctor who arranged the sleep study. I have no idea how long that will take. Jeez. Well for the time being I'll keep my sleep log (I gave him a copy to analyze) and when it's time to return the S8 to VitalAire, I'll set the pressure to the average pressure result and go from there until I finally get my appointment. But really, I felt like I wasn't taken very seriously Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: So I went to the doctor today
Going to a doctor for a CPAP machine these days is getting to be like going to Walmart for a computer. Don't expect any technical support to speak of.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: So I went to the doctor today
(11-22-2012, 11:59 PM)archangle Wrote: Going to a doctor for a CPAP machine these days is getting to be like going to Walmart for a computer. Don't expect any technical support to speak of.

I wasn't really looking for technical support except they want to hear from him before offering up an S9 AutoSet. Even if I offered to pay the difference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help me talk to my doctor cps22 7 100 9 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 14 2,954 04-29-2024, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Cam12
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,157 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 337 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 313 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,985 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 381 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.