Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help needed
RE: Help needed
I think ASV is worth exploring. It's possible some of the leaks are causing CAs, but there are other periods throughout the night where there is leak and no CAs. That said, the correlation looks extremely high. Another consideration is that you might have high loop gain.

Can you share more data from the 1.91-AHI night? (Feb 26th)?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2024, 11:52 PM)CPAPfriend Wrote: Can you share more data from the 1.91-AHI night? (Feb 26th)?

Hi, 

I have been away for a few days without accees to my data. Not sure waht extra data you nee\d, the 1.01 was 26 Feb 2003.

I have included statistics for that night.

Regards,

Steve

Post Reply Post Reply
Converting to ASV can be a difficult process or easy. It all depends on your doctor. All they have to do is see your therapy on CPAP and CPAP with EPR (bilevel) is ineffective and is leaving you with very high AHI and the symptoms that go with that, then write a prescription for ASV. If your diagnostic test indicated pre-existing CA events, that is an easier process. Many doctors want to establish evidence of need for ASV and efficacy of its use before prescribing, and will request a clinical titration test using bilevel PAP and moving to ASV. That is not actually required if your doctor, in his best judgement and review of your case, determines a medical need for ASV, but it depends on your insurance. ASV can be prescribed and dispensed, usually on a rental basis until efficacy, compliance and patient benefit is established.

I don't know the process you will go through, but ASV is definitely the answer, and the first step is to incessantly let your doctor know CPAP is not working and you want to move to ASV as soon as possible. To help with that, it helps to understand why ASV is used and how it works. The Resmed Clinical Titration Guide is a good place to start. It describes the use of all different machines and their titration protocols and how they work. Follow this link to see it and you can skip to ASV on page 28. https://document.resmed.com/en-us/docume...er_eng.pdf
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interetingly, last nights was pretty good, see attached. I cahnged the settings to be the same as Feb last year when the AHI was really low. I know this is contrary to advice I have received her, but it seemed to work last night. 

I will use these settings for a few days and see what happens.

It is intersting to note that AHI was very low until I went to the bathroom at 0315, rising until I went back to sleep and turned the machine off at 0400.

Regards,

Steve

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 219 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 255 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 477 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help needed how to use cpap on a plane June11 3 244 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,812 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 210 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 144 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.