Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Oscar and settings please, new user
RE: Help with Oscar and settings please, new user
    Good morning

Thank you to everyone for all your help so far, it is making such a difference.  I attached last nights data and want to ask, if that's okay, should I increase my minimum pressure again, or leave the setting as they are.  Currently min is 9 

Thanks
Betty
Post Reply Post Reply
It's wonderful that you are feeling better!  Smile  Your median pressure is 10.6 so you could raise it to that and see if that is more comfortable. I think it likely will be, but try it all night tonight and see how you feel tomorrow.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
    Thank you so much for that.  I upped the pressure to 10.6 but had some trouble settling with it, but then i did settle.  I've attached last nights OSCAR to see what you think.  Should i then leave it a week or so to settle?

Thanks for all your help Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
    Hi everyone, I left it a few weeks to settle in a bit more, but came back today to ask for some advice again, if that's okay.  For the past week or so I am not sleeping well at all, waking up every hour, so thought I'd post OSCAR to see what you all think.  

Also past week or so trouble with swallowing air again. but sticking with it, as I know I'll get settled eventually.  These boards are a God send Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I looked over all of the days you posted.  All days show to many Flow Limits.  You have the EPR set to 3 and this machine can not go higher so I don't have any suggestions on pressures, I think you are about right with those.

What I do wonder is if the FL could be caused by sleeping position.  Positional apnea is caused when we get into a sleeping position that kinks the airway and no pressure change or machine can help.  The only thing you can do is stop getting into a position that causes the blockage.  Some times it is sleeping on your back or you have changed pillows that is taller (more fluffy).  It causes your chin to drop to your sterumn and cut off your airway.

Please think about how you are sleeping and if you can make simple adjustments like a flatter pillow or side sleeping to help your flow limits.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
    Good morning

Thank you for taking the time to help me.  I have been using a cpap pillow, but switched it out last night to see if it made a difference, to a supportive one and used a body pillow to help with side sleeping.  I also changed my settings back to what they were when slept better, with ramp, but doesn\t seem to make a difference.

Flow never been good since started 2 march, my nose blocks at night (use a steriod spray), not sure if that had anything to do with it.

What is happening most is that I wake up every four or five times every hour at the start of the night, but only for a few seconds, but it is early days, just on my third month and determined to make it work

But onwards and upwards, sleep will come Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  User for 3 Months, OSCAR Chart Analysis Request sethypoo 2 214 05-23-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Expat31
Idea New Oscar User TinytiMmy 2 136 05-21-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Requesting help dialing in my settings using Oscar results lolo23 7 241 05-20-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  help reading Oscar Data and optimizing cpap settings bangbang24 3 249 05-06-2024, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 342 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 340 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 301 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.