Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do I find out who my DME is accredited through?
How do I find out who my DME is accredited through?
My DME is preferred homecare and they are absolutely awful. I’ve been having a ton of problems and I cannot find any resolution. I cannot ever speak to anyone who knows how to fix anything and I’m pretty much at the end of my rope. I want to find out who they are accredited through so I can start filing complaints. I don’t care if it doesn’t do me any good I just want to try to stick it to them and I’ve heard this is the best way through another DME. Does anyone know or know how I can find out? They will not tell me anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do I find out who my DME is accredited through?
You could try to get your insurance involved. Call them, explain your situation and ask how to make a formal complaint. If your insurance company is contracted with that particular DME, they may try to advise you.

Also, ask for a list of other DME's in your area you can use.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do I find out who my DME is accredited through?
Most suppliers fear seeing a rejected reimbursement claim from insurance companies and state agencies handling Medicaid, or if you are a senior citizen, Medicare. They need the goodwill of local prescribers, who may be affiliated with the supplier or recommend a particular supplier. And dread the thought of an audit by any legitimate authority.

If you are a Medicare beneficiary and the poor service is related to a Medicare-covered DME item, you can contact the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman for assistance. The ombudsman can help you understand your rights, provide information on filing a complaint, and work with you to resolve the issue. You can reach the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman through the Medicare website or by calling 1-800-MEDICARE.

While state licensing and auditing organizations exist, most do not respond well to individuals as the supplier's rebuttal portrays them as disgruntled or difficult. They act mainly if the number of complaints exceeds their threshold of concern, or the media becomes involved.

You can also involve your doctor or prescriber, who may be affiliated with the supplier or recommend a particular supplier.

Or you can leave negative reviews with the Better Business Bureau or Yelp. Many submissions draw a public response to satisfy reasonable complaints.

The most extreme case was an individual who purchased a website domain like that of a supplier but ended in "sucks" -- which popped up every time someone searched on the name.

To mount an effective complaint, you must:

(1) Have a legitimate grievance, preferably with a specific harm or damage the supplier can remedy. If your grievance is with a manufacturer, enlist the supplier to assist in presenting your case.
(2) Be reasonable.
(3) Be assertive but not overly aggressive. Never yell.
(4) Have a desired outcome. (Refund, discount, replacement, etc.) Remember, you will not likely be compensated for your time, trouble, or discomfort.
(5) Document your grievance with dates, times, individuals, and outcomes.
(6) Give the vendor at least two chances before escalating the matter to management, and if you still legitimately believe you are being harmed in some manner, go to the authorities or the media.

But sometimes, it is better to walk away and find another vendor as suggested by OpalRose, knowing that bad business practices will finally catch up with them.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 534 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,398 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 369 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Was sick for a while and didn't use my PAP machine for about two weeks. Now I find my JonZ333 1 373 01-16-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Will lofta help me find the right pressures? Swsch2985 6 533 12-30-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  [CPAP] Hoping to find a fix for my CPAP's decision to start blasting me while inhaling. Speusippus 1 487 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Pressure] Can I get some help to find good settings ExhaustedApe 8 771 04-22-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: ExhaustedApe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.