Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to run AirSense 10 without tubing or mask?
How to run AirSense 10 without tubing or mask?
Just got an AirSense 10. The air coming out of it smells awful. I most likely need to just run it for a while to air out all the VOCs. It keeps turning itself off because I don't have anything connected (I'll be using my existing tubing and mask). How do I turn it on just to run for an hour or so to air itself out?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to run AirSense 10 without tubing or mask?
found a way to do it: turn smartstart off (it was already), then partially block the hose opening with something that won't get blown out when the fan starts. I crammed some foam from another cpap machine into it.
Post Reply Post Reply
- Set it to the lowest pressure possible (4 cm).  
- Partially seal the hose connection at the back. You can use a cork with a hole in it or tape.
- Connect the instrument to the power and push the switch on the top two times.
- If it shuts itself down, you need to reduce the hole on the cork or cover a larger area of the hose connection with the tape.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your machine is new it should not smell bad at all. If it is new check the run hours. It's possible that they sent you a used machine and hoped you wouldn't notice.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Deborah. I got an airsense 10 machine that smelled like perfume once. I ran it for hours. It did nothing. I failed my insurance trial because I couldn't stand the smell, and it was taken away. Next trial, I changed DME providers. The new place told me likely I had received a refurbished machine from the previous place. This time I got a new machine. Perhaps it had the slightest new machine smell (possibly from the packaging) that dissipated quickly. Definitely check the hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
Return it and demand a non-contaminated unit.

It should not stink. Don't keep it and blow it out, take the thing back, turn it on, and blow the stench in the face of whoever won't immediately go get you a new a new one.

Preferably with 0 hours on the fan, which I agree with others is likely not the case.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the suggestions. It smelled like brand new plastic outgassing rather than perfume or used. It is gone now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense 11 travel bag -- mask goes where? cprstn54 6 155 Yesterday, 10:28 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Why isnt my climate air tubing warming on manual setting? Pamg 0 105 05-24-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Pamg
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 2 594 05-04-2024, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Melman
  The AirSense 11 has a microphone that listens to your mask jcp519 20 1,766 05-03-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 4 366 04-20-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 422 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,447 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.