Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I Think Im Doing This All Wrong
RE: I Think Im Doing This All Wrong

Its a been a week of trying to make this all work  have tried a few different masks  Monday switched to the Dreamwear full face.  Found I needed to go medium wide ( wife says that makes sense to her Rolleyes ).

Still have lots of leaks.  I find that half way through the night the mask slips from below my mouth to in my mouth.  With a large leak.  Those Dreamwear masks seem very loud with holes in the elbow on the top of the head and vent holes in front. any thoughts on that?

I have a chin strap ordered just waiting until it come in.

Thought Id post last nights chart  getting better but still far from good.  These nights are exhausting.

Zack
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope the strap will help. I also wonder whether you're game to try a nasal pillow mask, maybe with tape to help you keep your mouth closed. You don't have to decide now; maybe the strap will do the trick. But keep it in mind.
Post Reply Post Reply

Dormeo
Chin Strap comes in this week.  So will try that when it comes in.

I switched to the Dreamwear Mask  my sizing said use Medium.  I have a big mouth like i said earlier. so I went with Medium Wide.  Still had a bunch of leaks.  Last night I switched it up to the Large!.  Bets chart yet (see attached). Best nights sleep since starting this journey.  I still seem to have higher LL levels its like 11%.  But they are no where as big or a long as before.  

I will say without the extensive leaks constant pressure seems much less.  Woke up and felt that maybe the machine turned off. When I took the mask off it surged.  

So here's my latest any thoughts?  Should I remain at the pressure levels I have?

Zack
Post Reply Post Reply
It's good to hear you're making progress on large leaks and on restful sleep!

Your AHI is too high, but I don't recommend changing your settings right now. Do go back to the link OpalRose gave you concerning positional apnea and read the material there. The easiest steps for you to take: make sure you're using a low, firm pillow, be aware of the position of your head, and try to sleep on your sides if you can. As you'll see in the linked material, people also have great results using a soft cervical collar, but you don't want to put more stuff on your head if you don't have to.

Let us know how the chin strap works and feels.

Some changes to your settings may be worthwhile down the road a little, but your first order of business is leaks and the second is positional issues.

As a side note: please include only the following graphs:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Flow limitations
Snores.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soft Cervical Collar- What went wrong? Help! JadeThreads 5 115 Yesterday, 10:00 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Whats wrong with mouth breathing? johnathanb76 7 378 04-29-2024, 01:45 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 237 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 615 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,682 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 377 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 535 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.