Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Juniper's questions
RE: Juniper's questions
(03-19-2024, 03:29 PM)BoxcarPete Wrote: If you have auto start/stop enabled, the machine will turn itself off when the mask is removed.

The "for her" setting gets mostly negative reviews, as does "soft" response. Standard generally provides the most effective therapy, but if you find that fast increases in pressure are waking you up and a high maximum pressure is a requirement for you, it's possible to try the others and see if they help. Otherwise, you could restrict the maximum pressure so that it doesn't rise so much, and this may be the best solution for you. I wouldn't worry too much about these in your case, as you are showing very few remaining obstructive events.

No, I don't have auto start/stop enabled. It just runs. I have no partner, so it's not bothering anyone. So, when I put it back on, it will just continue to run at whatever pressure it was when I took it off? Like, if I was at 8, it will still be at 8?

I see my response setting says soft, but I can't find the "for her" setting. I thought I saw it once, but it has disappeared.

I am accustomed to waking 2 or 3 times every night, thinking I must need to go to the bathroom, getting up, going back to bed, falling back asleep.  I assume it was actually the apneas waking me because I didn't really have to go that much. This pattern is still continuing.

My start pressure says 5. My range is 7-14. (It was originally 4-16 which seemed too wide., so I narrowed it. Bad idea?)  Which one is my "minimum" and which one is my "ramp?"

So far, I seem to land somewhere around pressure of 8 most nights. It doesn't seem like much pressure. I'm lying flat on my back. Supposedly that is supposed to make me need more pressure. I have been exhorted NOT to lie on my back.

I wonder, am I not really falling deeply enough asleep to have obstructive apneas? Apneas would trigger the pressure to go up, right? Maybe the pressure only goes to 8 because I am not asleep enough? I don't suppose there is a way to figure out if I am asleep or just dozing.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe silk covers for head gear will solve your pulled hair problem. I get my head gear covers at the kind of online shop where thousands of craftsy people sell their handmade stuff. Good luck choosing between the hundreds of patterns…
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2024, 10:26 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: I believe silk covers for head gear will solve your pulled hair problem. I get my head gear covers at the kind of online shop where thousands of craftsy people sell their handmade stuff. Good luck choosing between the hundreds of patterns…
Ah yes, that craftsy shop. I know it well!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CSA/What questions laokg 6 110 Yesterday, 11:50 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  EPR questions juniper 7 305 04-19-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 422 04-18-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 220 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 183 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 273 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 339 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.