Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling
RE: Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling
Get a list of in-network DMEs from your insurance, and drop these fools. This is intentional malfeasance. I don't see how you can trust them.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling
I believe it was posted earlier in this thread that this is the only in-network option. Now it's time to decide whether it's worthwhile to keep up the fight or take matters into your own hands (and wallet Sad) to any one of the online vendors who would love to fill your order in a timely fashion and as specified.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have called twice about it and Avmed tells me I have no other option but to use this DME.  This is the only one they contract with.  I actually just filed a grievance with Avmed outlining everything DME has done and complaining that there is no other option.  They would rather kill a patient with a known dangerous CPAP sitting in their warehouse than provide the one their doctor ordered.
I am going to keep going.  I could afford to buy a CPAP out of pocket, but this burns me up when we pay medical premiums to have coverage and it is not honored.  And my coverage is good.  It is a matter of principle---this is what they want me to do, make it so difficult I will go away and buy my CPAP out of pocket.  But I want the benefits I pay for.  I am going to annoy the hell out of them and find new agencies to file complaints with.  I have the phone numbers for all the executives.  I will fight them until the end, hopefully causing them much grief now and in the future.  I said it before--they are actually evil.  I will not let this drop or accept an inferior machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Depending on the insurance, they may accept an out of network exception when the only DME in-network has been thus far displaying extreme incompetent actions. You may want to try posing the question to insurance customer service about this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave. I'll try.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm thinking, don't mess with montacute! I'm proud of you for calling out this problem to your insurance and DME. They deserve all the grief you can dish out, but it's really rare to see someone willing to do it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best wishes you get it worked out.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
HAha! Don't mess with me when I am feeling righteous indignation! Thanks Sleeprider. Thanks Dave. My Dr. has already faxed a new prescription over with medical necessity language on it. We will see what games DME tries to play tomorrow. May call my Representative and/or Senator's office. DME will be getting me my ResMed machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good News! Got my ResMed Airsense 11 auto today. I could not get them or my Dr. to give me the 10. Hopefully not a big deal. They did not bring me the heated tubes, so I asked for those to be sent. My best advice for anyone dealing with a nasty DME that you cannot change, do not give up and be persistent. Write a letter of complaint to everyone you can. You'll get it eventually. I am set back a bit over a week because of this fiasco. Could be much worse. Many thanks to all of you who stuck with me through this ordeal. You gave me lots of great advice.
Off to figure out Oscar now.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think there is an issue with getting the 11. Let us know how it feels and works out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Selling Price of Resmed Airsense 10 ivan007 10 210 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: SleepyDawg
  Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime? dharma2255 10 397 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 306 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 210 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 284 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,927 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Angry [Equipment] MORE PHILLIPS ISSUES srlevine1 3 793 02-01-2024, 12:28 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.